The first thing we did on the second day was take a boat ride across the Sea of Galilee. It was SOOO beautiful and peaceful. This was one of my favorite activities on the trip. When we were about halfway across, they stopped the boat, and we read some scriptures. Then we sang "Master the tempest is raging", after discussing the miracle of the Savior calming the sea. I felt the spirit so strong out on the water. I really felt that this is where the Savior stood. It was an amazing feeling.
Wendell enjoying the boat ride in a different way.
We had a great view of Tiberias (if I remember correctly). Late that night, we were able to swim in the Galilee. It was so refreshing. Just like swimming in the ocean, except with fresh water instead of salty. It was so much fun.

We also went up to the Mount of Beattitudes, where we talked about the Sermon on the Mount.
Capernaum was our next stop. And I don't have a picture here, but there's a spot they say is the site of Peter's
Wendell enjoying the boat ride in a different way.
We had a great view of Tiberias (if I remember correctly). Late that night, we were able to swim in the Galilee. It was so refreshing. Just like swimming in the ocean, except with fresh water instead of salty. It was so much fun.
We also went up to the Mount of Beattitudes, where we talked about the Sermon on the Mount.
Capernaum was our next stop. And I don't have a picture here, but there's a spot they say is the site of Peter'shouse. We sat under Sycamore trees and discussed some of the many many miracles Christ performed here at Capernaum. Wendell's mom shared the story of Wendell's miraculous healing at age 15, when he almost lost his life.
If you can believe it we have thousands upon thousands of pictures from this trip - and I still can't find the couple I wanted to share for our next sites. But use your imagination. We drove up over a mountain called the Golan Heights, where there really isn't much going on. There are several army bases and we saw some military. It's an area with a lot of history of being tossed back and forth between Syria and Israel. We stopped at a lookout spot where we could see over into Syria.
If you can believe it we have thousands upon thousands of pictures from this trip - and I still can't find the couple I wanted to share for our next sites. But use your imagination. We drove up over a mountain called the Golan Heights, where there really isn't much going on. There are several army bases and we saw some military. It's an area with a lot of history of being tossed back and forth between Syria and Israel. We stopped at a lookout spot where we could see over into Syria. We had falafels again for lunch, and then headed over to the headwaters of the Jordan River. It was beautiful. For dinner at the end of the day, we had tilapia, which they called Peter's fish (or something like that) - served with the head and tail and everything. I had a great picture of it somewhere, but I can't find it! It was yummy, though.

1 comments:
I'd love to hear the story about Wendell's miracle.
Post a Comment