Okay, I swore I would be better about keeping up this blog - but it's amazing how life can really get hold of you sometimes. One tiny thing - or big thing - happens and it can just throw everything right off balance. But that's life, right?
Here's my deep thought for the day:
If we can find forgiveness in our hearts for those who have caused us hurt and injury, we will rise to a higher level of self-esteem and well-being. Some recent studies show that people who are taught to forgive become "less angry, more hopeful, less depressed, less anxious and less stressed," which leads to greater physical well-being.9 Another of these studies concludes "that forgiveness . . . is a liberating gift [that] people can give to themselves."10
Taken from a talk given by Elder Faust, called The Healing Power of Forgiveness.
This was a talk that went along with a lesson I taught about becoming a peacemaker on Sunday in YW. It is a great talk and I highly recommend reading it! Think of what the world would be like if we were all a little more forgiving of one another, even and especially for small, dumb day-to-day things.
Have a great weekend!
I know I will . We'll be in sunny southern Utah....
6 years ago

4 comments:
I think this is my achilles heel. I have a very hard time forgiving people who have hurt me beyond where I can't take it anymore. It's something I NEED to work on. And it keeps nagging at me... because I know I need to do it. Thanks for the reminder- I do agree, it's just so hard to put into action.
It was great seeing you this weekend! Thanks for all you guys did for us! We love you!
I love that thought - and I also taught the lesson on being a peacemaker in YW! It is something I need to work on as well.
Have fun in St. George - we are coming down Friday!
Love you guys!
Pssst... it's been almost a month... time for an update! Lol. ;)
Post a Comment