Since I'm so far behind in my blogging, I think I'll just do random updates as I find pictures - or as I remember fun things we've done.
Cole turned 4 in April! He's a riot - although he made it clear I did not get him enough presents. thankfully he forgot about that as the day wore on and he got to open more from grandparents and cousins. I hadn't planned a birthday party for him - it was the day after Easter this year. But he began talking about his "party" nonstop so I had to hurry and invite the local family over. A few of them were able to make it, and Cole felt special. It's always fun and kind of sad to see your cutie pies grow up.
Okay hopefully this doesn't weird you out. A picture of me nursing. First thing in the morning in all my glory - at least I'm dressed. I include this picture because of the sad news that I must now wean my 6 month old angel. She hasn't gained any weight since her 4 month appointment. She's good eater, but I can tell my milk is not as plentiful as it should be. :( As I was driving home from the doctor's office, it hit me how sad this is- even though I've been contemplating it for a couple of weeks.
Sydney recently did a project about the moon for school- all by herself. She came up with the idea and how she wanted to do it, and all I did was to help her make and dye the salt dough. She did everything else. She's an amazing girl who LOVES science and reading.
Also, you can't tell from the above picture (and I'm not sure if she has them here) but Sydney now has BRACES. Just on the front few teeth and a couple in the back. We recently discovered an underbite problem and have been working with an orthodontist for a few months now. It started out with an expander in the roof of her mouth - and moved on to braces. She is proud of her braces and will show anyone who makes eye contact.
I painted Lily's toenails. Couldn't resist.
For April Fool's Day, I made these fun cupcakes. There is supposed to be caramel syrup to look like gravy on the mashed potatoes, but I didn't have any and it was late at night when I was making them.... my kids were totally fooled. :)
Ethan turned 6 earlier this month. His birthday is just 10 days after Cole's. So we have been in birthday mode - still are because Sydney's is coming up in a few weeks. Both of their cakes were cute, but not very tasty. I've been on the hunt for the perfect cake and frosting recipe. Well - now I've found it! And I'll post them in the future. For now I will say THANKS to Emily for posting the frosting link on her blog. I'll never be the same again. :O)
But I digress - Ethan had a fabulous birthday, complete with a Super Mario Brothers birthday party - which turned out to be so fun. There were 9 boys in all - which I hadn't really thought through clearly otherwise I would have limited the list a little more. But they were all great and made Ethan's day a special one.
For awhile Lily would make this adorable "oo" sound and pooch out her lips. I wish she still did it.








1 comments:
oh my gosh, what cute grandkids we have! :)
Post a Comment