Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is she really old enough?

Wednesday night was Back-to-School night for Sydney! We met her teacher, "Miss Melanie", and toured the classroom. It was packed with ppl and Sydney seemed a little overwhelmed at first, but she met a couple kids in her class and started getting excited about everything.

Miss Melanie- Sydney didn't want to stand by her for a pic. I think she was too scared. lol

After our little classroom "scavenger hunt", familiarizing ourselves with the room and everything, Sydney wanted to tour the building a little bit. She was extremely excited about the lunchroom, which she won't be visiting while in kindergarten. It was fun, though.



Tomorrow, Friday, is her "assessment" , then she starts school next Thursday. All the other grades started today.

I haven't been too sad about this new phase yet, mostly just excited. She is so ready to start school, and doesn't seem sad or anything, either. I don't know. There will probably be some tears at some point. I just don't feel old enough to have a kindergartener. And I know that once we enter the "school" phase, it won't be over for a LONG time! :O)

3 comments:

Kelseybob said...

Holy cow... a kindergatener!!I can't wait for that stage... next year! That is great that she is so excited!!!

Dixie Chic said...

Wow! Way to go, Sydney! You are a smart little chick, that's for sure! I love all your pictures and your teacher looks really nice! Koby looked at the pictures with me and loved them- especially the one with the umbrella in the picture because now he keeps going on about, "I wish *I* had an umbrella...." LOL!

We can't wait to see your "first day of school" pictures!! :)

Heather- I SO know what you mean about dragging the younger kids with you, LOL! It was always hard, because I thought I had to keep them perfect, but at one point I just thought, "fly it", and was able to focus on the conference. It does help that Jordyn tried to watch her younger siblings, though.... :)

Anonymous said...

Sydney,
We are so excited that you get to start kindergarten! You will do very well. We love you,
Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell