Last night we made the trek down to Salt Lake to a party with my old college roommates. We met 10 years ago, when we all started college at Utah State. I have never found friends I feel more comfortable with than all of these girls. I love seeing them, and every time we're together, it's like we've never been apart!
The party took place at Kelsey's house. It's a new house and it's HUGE and very beautifully done. Good job guys! We had a blast!
Here's Kelsey, holding my Cole while I made the rounds getting pictures of everyone.
She's expecting her 3rd child in March.
Anna and her sweet little chubs! I've known Anna since 5th grade, when I moved to Hawaii. Then we both ended up in St. George and went to high school together, and then on to Utah State. She's been an amazing friend my entire life and it's so nice that we still see each other and get to hang out!
Here's a flattering picture of Emily. She and her hubby and daughter dropped by on Friday night needing a place to crash before they played "support crew" for a friend doing a 200 mile bike ride the next day. I'm glad their hotel fell through that weekend, although I wish we had had more time to hang out that night. Luckily this party was just two days later. My favorite thing about Emily is that she has a passion for eating just like me! (I don't know how she stays so skinny, though!)
Sione (Anna's husband) and Ryan (Kelsey's husband) were playing a really fun guitar video game. Boys will be boys...
Here's world-traveler Heather Steele. When we were roommates, we both went by our full names and so I just know her as Heather Steele. :o) She just got married in June and I feel horrible, I can't remember her new married name. But I'm sure it will come to me in a few minutes. Mommy brain.
She lived in Alaska for awhile, then Hawaii, and has traveled to England and Africa (that's all I know of, anyway) and is finally settling down. Good for you!
The other husbands were watching funny videos on the internet for awhile. Left to right: Ryan, Heather's new hubby; Russ, Emily's hubby; and you all know Wendell - my hunka hunka. lol.
Here's a flattering picture of Emily. She and her hubby and daughter dropped by on Friday night needing a place to crash before they played "support crew" for a friend doing a 200 mile bike ride the next day. I'm glad their hotel fell through that weekend, although I wish we had had more time to hang out that night. Luckily this party was just two days later. My favorite thing about Emily is that she has a passion for eating just like me! (I don't know how she stays so skinny, though!)
Sione (Anna's husband) and Ryan (Kelsey's husband) were playing a really fun guitar video game. Boys will be boys...
Here's world-traveler Heather Steele. When we were roommates, we both went by our full names and so I just know her as Heather Steele. :o) She just got married in June and I feel horrible, I can't remember her new married name. But I'm sure it will come to me in a few minutes. Mommy brain.She lived in Alaska for awhile, then Hawaii, and has traveled to England and Africa (that's all I know of, anyway) and is finally settling down. Good for you!
The other husbands were watching funny videos on the internet for awhile. Left to right: Ryan, Heather's new hubby; Russ, Emily's hubby; and you all know Wendell - my hunka hunka. lol.I broke out the camera too late, after my friend Wendy had already gone home. She never lived with us, but right by us and she was our "adopted" roommate. I wish I had her picture. She's such a fun person and has really worked hard to keep us all up on each other's lives. Luv ya Wendy!
Thanks for opening your home, Kels. We had a great time and it was over too soon! I can't wait until we plan our girls retreat soon.



3 comments:
GORGEOUS.HOUSE. :)
I think it's great you roomies all connect so well! Kudos to you all for keeping in touch and trying to get together over the years. What an awesome bunch of friends!
I am so glad you guys made it down. I was sorry you had to leave so early. We had so much fun that night, and I am holding my breath waiting for your girls retreat.
Heather I am so impressed with your FUN and very informative blogs! How you have time to even do them... I'll never understand!!
Supermom!! I love you tons and thanks for letting me peek into your life.
Post a Comment