Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I've Been Christmas Tagged

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I usually prefer to do wrapping paper for Christmas. I think it's more fun to rip open a present when it takes longer. :O)

2. Real tree or artificial?
3 artificial trees. I would LOVE to hike up into the hills and cut down a fresh one, but Wendell's not as keen on it as I am. We did it a lot when I was younger, when we lived in Utah. My parents still do it - every year the day after Thanksgiving. We are usually with them when they go, but don't get our own. We don't want to haul it 300 miles back home! Maybe we'll try it one of these years. I think it's a fun family tradition.

3. When do you put up the tree?
I prefer to put them up before we head to St. George for Thanksgiving. That way it's all Christmasy when we get home. Plus I think it takes a lot of work to put out Christmas...I'd rather have it up longer! This year, we had to wait until the week after Thanksgiving. We had too much going on before that.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime in January. Again - I love to enjoy it as long as I can!

5. Do you like eggnog? As long as I can add milk to thin it out. I do like the flavor...but don't like to drink it that often. It's more of a traditional thing. We always had a glass on Christmas Eve. Now we do Wendell's family tradition of making the kids have a glass of eggnog or orange juice before getting to their stockings. :O)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I honestly can't decide.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I have 3.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. Hands down. Anyone in my family can attest to this. The only things he really wants always count as business expenses and he buys them himself when he finds a GREAT deal. Other than that, he gives me NO ideas and honestly has no idea what he wants. lol. :O)

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Ditto Lisa - I have to say my kids!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I mail them. I don't mind the email thing, but I want people to hang our cute picture up on their wall! It's all about me!

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, Mr. Kruger's Christmas (sp?), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, um.....what others do I like? I can't remember!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually get started a couple months early and have most of it done by Thanksgiving. But this year I have been late. I just finished for my kids, but I still have my in-laws and Wendell to buy for.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can remember. But maybe. :) My brain is pretty fried!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Dessert! I love to bake around Christmas, so I'm sure I'll gain a few pounds!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I do all white. But I like the colored look, too, and I've done that before. But both of my big artificial trees are pre-lit with white lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song?O Holy Night, What Child is This, Breath of Heaven, Little Drummer Boy, almost all of them - as long as I know the words!

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
Home, sweet home. But we spend time with the in-laws, too.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Olive (GET IT?..."OLIVE" the "other" reindeer? tee hee) - Okay, so I just copied that from Lisa! I thought it was cute. lol. Thanks, Lis!

20. Angel on the treetop or a star?
A snowflake on one, a gingerbread man on another and nothing on the 3rd. :O) I should get a cute star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One gift on christmas eve, always new pajamas, and the rest christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
How quickly it's gone!

23. What I love most about Christmas?
The music, the yummy smells, the decorations, the focus on Christ, just about EVERYTHING!

7 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Thanks, darlin'! I love reading everyone's answers. I'd love to see pics of your three christmas trees- especially the gingerbread one! :)

Kelseybob said...

I love reading your answers... I would love to see pictures of your trees too. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your answers !! I bet your home is the cutest for Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Hey Heather!
This is Lisa Houtz. I heard from Dan, who heard from Wendell (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) that you guys have been reading our blog. You should have left a comment. I would have loved hearing from you. Wendell gave us a link to your blog. I hope you don't mind me adding you to our "Friends and Family" list. I love reading other peoples blogs! Your family is so cute, and big! I still feel bad about the time you and Wendell came to see us and you were pregnant with Ethan and you used the bathroom before your drive back to Logan and there was no toilet paper and you didn't even say anything and then I realized after you left that there wasn't any and I felt so embarrassed. Do you remember that? Anyway, we miss you guys and your friendship. Please keep in touch (leave a comment every now and then, hint, hint).
Take care.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas card! I will hang it on the wall, I promise!

Heather said...

Omygoodness, Lisa! I totally forgot about that! I'm pretty sure I was "okay" in the bathroom, because I always carry tissues in my pockets. I totally would have asked for some if I needed it! LOL. :O) That was so long ago, it's funny that you still remember it. I just left a comment on your blog!

Dixie Chic said...

I likey your new background. :)