Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

Our ward Christmas party was on Saturday. I am on our ward activities committee and this year for our Christmas party, we decided to do a breakfast. We told everyone to wear their pajamas if they wanted. The menu was pancakes, eggs, ham, muffins, fruit, OJ and milk. We set up all the griddles along the far wall you see below. However, the second we plugged them all in, we blew a fuse!
So we ended up putting a couple in the kitchen, and a couple more across the room at a different outlet. It ended up working nicely and spreading the lines out a little more, although it delayed our breakfast a little while. :O) When putting on these functions, you have to learn to roll with the punches. After everyone had eaten, we had a special visitor!!
Here's Wendell promising he's been a good boy. I wonder if he'll get what he asked for. :)
Cole wasn't scared one bit! He looks happy as can be. Unfortunately, I was running around doing stuff all morning, so I didn't get to witness these moments. But I'm glad Wendell brought his camera and took pictures for me!
Ethan was willing to sit on Santa's lap when he realized he got a candy cane out of it. lol. Last year he was terrified of Santa.
This is the first year Sydney has mustered the courage to sit on Santa's lap. She had drawn a picture for him, but forgot it at home and was very sad about it. She kept begging me to go home and get it. But I just couldn't. So I promised we'd mail it to him with her letter. So she just sat on his lap and yacked his ear off for awhile....and never even told him what she wants! lol. She figured she can just mail it to him later.
The only break I got - mmmmmm....I love breakfast! I spent most of my time in the kitchen mixing orange juice, pancake batter and scrambled eggs. It went by pretty quickly, though.
I hope everyone had fun. Aside from breakfast and Santa, we had a guy from the ward read the story "The Last Straw" about service and filling a manger with hay. Prior to this, we had a craftsman from the ward construct a manger that we have now placed in the church. Each week everyone in the ward is supposed to put a piece of hay in the manger for each act of service they have done. I noticed some hay in there on Sunday! We also had several small tables set up where people displayed special Christmas traditions they have. I got a few really good ideas.
We ended the party with a few Christmas carols.
Now that our party is over, I've been trying to settle down. All the stress of last week (we only have 4 people on our committee - and it was only 2 of us until 2 weeks ago!), my immune system has been struggling and I am just wiped out! lol. But now I have to get my Christmas shopping done and just try to slow things down and enjoy this season before it passes me by!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your party looks like it was lots of fun. I love the pictures with Santa! Take care of yourself and don't get too run down.

Dixie Chic said...

You rock, little sister. It sounds like it was a great party! Our ward has done "breakfasts" instead of christmas dinners for years, and then all of the sudden changed to a dinner this year- a whole 2 days AFTER our Enrichment dinner, lol!

Did you set up the backdrop behind Santa? I'd love to know how you made it- it's beautiful. Do you just bunch up some fabric and stick a pin in? Very elegant, and a perfect backdrop for pics!

Your kids are so cute; I'm glad all 3 didn't mind sitting on his lap, and that you got some cute pics out of it.

Now you can take a breather! So, you haven't gotten your christmas shopping done, either, huh? At least I'm not the ONLY one! (but, I'll probably be the only one who's STARTING her christmas shopping on Dec 20th!)

Kelseybob said...

I love the idea of breakfast. We usually can't go to our ward party because it always falls on the same night as Ryan's work party. I love the pictures of the kids. Both Sheldon and Allie had no problem with Santa this year. Our Bishop even made me sit on Santa's lap so that the baby could say what it wanted too. :)

Heather said...

LOL! Lisa, that "backdrop" is just some vinyl padded thing on the wall! I think it's there for the basketball games or something. lol. I'm glad you thought it looked beautiful though. :O)

wendyberd said...

hey - i love the new background - very, very festive.