Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Congratulations and birthdays....

Today I am babysitting my nephew, Liam. He is the same age as Ethan (a month older, I think). This is the terrible two-some. As soon as I leave the room, I hear something come crashing down. As long as I'm IN the room, however, everything stays in place.
Liam is staying with us because today his new baby sister was born! YAY!!
William and Tracy dropped him off around 10:00 am and then headed to the hospital for Tracy's scheduled C-section. Little Ava was born at 12:59 and weighs 7lbs 14oz. Congratulations William and Tracy! I just got off the phone with William who said everything has gone just swimmingly. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it.

Here's a picture of Cole just playing with a ball today. This is just here to be random. :)


Well, some of you know that yesterday I turned 29. Woo hoo. I just love getting older and older....one day at a time. Who doesn't?

My day started with a fun breakfast at IHOP with my mother-in-law and 3 of my sisters-in-law: Michele, Elese and Tracy. We were celebrating my birthday, as well as Tracy's whose is later this month. But seeing as she's having her baby today, we wanted to celebrate while we could! Fascinatingly enough, it was also my SIL Shauna's birthday yesterday. She and I share a birthday and our daughters share the same birthday, too - June 12th.

After breakfast, my day was pretty much the same as usual, except I allowed myself to be slightly lazy. For dinner we took the kids out to eat at El Toro Viejo, a local mexican restaurant. The kids love to eat the rice and beans and unlimited chips, and Wendell and I share a dinner.

After dinner, Sydney told me "Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you. You're my favoritest Mom in the whole world, even when you're mean." It totally made my day! And I'm sure the spontaneous love had NOTHING to do with the fact that we'd just announced we were heading to the Fun Park to let them play on the gigantic playground. Not at all. :)

It was fun to do something as a family. Usually we go out without the kids, but they wanted to be a part of it, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I laughed at what Sydney said. Kids are funny.

Dixie Chic said...

Heather, that is too precious! Looks like the kids were loving their mom's birthday outing!

Congratulations to your sister in law! Ava is a beautiful name. Is it pronounced the way I think it is? With a long "A" sound at the beginning? Beautiful. Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Your kids are so cute - they take after their mommy!

Kelseybob said...

Sounds like lots of fun!