Monday, March 24, 2008

St. Patricks, Easter

So for St. Patrick's Day I took Sydney to "Celtic Night", an Irish dance show. She's been taking Irish dance now for several months. Her teachers are in the group who were performing. They also had a live band playing irish music. It was pretty good, although she fell asleep halfway through the second half. Another reason we went was because her cousin was in one of the dances. Sadie tried out and made it to be in the show. It was a short part before the other women came out to perform, but it was really cute!

Sydney doesn't even weigh enough to sit in the seats!
On Saturday, the day before Easter, we went to a little party with a picnic and an Easter egg hunt with some friends from the ward. Unfortunately, we forgot to take our camera! (woops!)
Then we went over to Macey's to let the kids pet some baby animals they had outside while I grabbed a couple groceries. After we were done, I asked Sydney if she wanted to go get her hair cut (they have a place right next to Macey's). Sydney had cut herself a few bangs a couple of days before, and we needed to get some more cut to even it out. I decided I wanted to let a pro do it this time. I've always cut her hair myself, but I'm not very good at it. Again, we didn't have our camera.....so I didn't get any cute pictures of her on the chair! She was EXTREMELY "nervous" about it, but ended up really loving it. A true girl! She decided she wanted it cut to her shoulders and have bangs. I didn't want it short yet...but it was her call. And it turned out just adorable!
Here are the two kids later that afternoon as they dyed eggs. I put them in some old shirts of mine, so they wouldn't stain their clothes. :)
I could NOT get a good shot of Ethan. He's such a STINKER when it comes to pictures and won't hold still for even a half second. lol. But at least I got one with his egg.
And Sydney loved her egg too. (and I had a little fun with photoshop, ha ha)
The Easter bunny had come for Saturday, instead of Sunday, so the kids got to go on a little treasure hunt to find their baskets - which they loved. On Sunday, we have 1:00 church, so we had a little Easter lesson in the morning, and then went to my in-laws after church for a nice turkey and ham dinner. I made a couple desserts and we sang "happy birthday" to Wendell (it's coming up on Thursday). I wish I had more pictures of everything, but we were such slackers this time around. Oh well. It was a fun Easter! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Sydney looks so grown up with her cute new hair cut! I love the egg pictures.
We too have 1 o'clock church, isn't it the worst? We also went to our in-laws for a turkey and ham dinner, and we also celebrated birthdays! Funny.

Anonymous said...

Heather, Sydney is the SPITTING IMAGE of YOU!! What a beautiful young lady!!! Tell her I think her hair is just cute as ever!

I LOOOOOOVE those pics of your kids and their eggs! I Reeeeeeally wish I lived near you so you can actually SHOW me how you do all that!! I want it all. The program and the tutorial. :)

Happy Easter!

Dixie Chic said...

Okay. I keep peeking at these pics because I am in AWE of how identical Sydney is to your little girl pics!!! I TOTALLY remember you looking EXACTLY like that growing up!!! Those eyes. Those beautiful, mezmerizing eyes! It's insane, though, because Sydney as a BABY didn't look like YOUR baby pics at all- it's COLE that looks just like your baby pics! It's amazing how each child has certain physical characteristics of their parents at different times! Anyhoo. Sydney, you are gorgeous, girlie!

Kelseybob said...

I love Sydney's hair. It is so cute. And the egg pictures are great.

WonderKitty said...

I agree with Lisa, Sydney looks just like you. I haven't seen the baby pics, but she is beautiful. And I wish I had more motivation to do fun stuff like that on my computer, the egg pics are great!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WENDELL DEAR
HAPPY DAYS WILL COME
TO YOU ALL YEAR!
IF I HAD A WISH
THEN IT WOULD BE...
A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU FROM ME (US)!

CHA=CHA=CHA!!!!