Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another recipe:

strawberry appetizers

Cut off the tops of the strawberries and scoop out the middle with a melon baller or knife. I didn't scoop out too much of the berry, but the guy I got the recipe from hollows it out. Mix filling and pipe into the strawberries. Here are a couple fillings to try.
filling #1:
1 box (4 svg) sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with only 1 cup milk
8 oz container cool whip
filling #2:
1 single serving container yoplait whipped strawberry yogurt
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 cup cool whip

7 comments:

Benjamin said...

Heather, you never cease to amaze me! I LOVE it when you post yummy recipes you've tried along with a picture. I can't WAIT to try them out. I swear, you are so "Martha", you'd never think you were mom and dad's child, lol!

Benjamin said...

Crap. I will really sign out of Benji's acct now....

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try this one when strawberries get sweet! Cute bath pics, too!

Heather said...

Oh, you're way too kind. I steal ideas. Nothing is my own - but that's okay with me. :) Kathy, the strawberries I got were pretty sweet - but I was pretty picky. I think you can sometimes just tell from the look of them. I got them at Sams.

Kelseybob said...

we do something similar, but we don't hollow them out... we cut the stem side off so they sit flat and then cut an x in the top and stuff them with a pipping bag.

Amanda said...

They were way good! I love your cooking.

Anonymous said...

hi heather, your blog is great. I would love to do something like that i just don't know when but i really enjoy looking at the one you have. we felt bad missing the pizza/birthday party. It looks like cole loved the cake. Elese