My poor husband. I get these big ideas and then drag him, kicking and screaming, into it with me. Well, we did this whole cool shadowboxing thing in Cole's room a couple months ago, and now we are switching out all of our trim. I know I'm a nut. I just don't really like the normal 2-inch trim that came with our house. And it was all a little beat up (we bought from a family with 5 kids!). Plus I really love the look of plain fat trim. Not everyone will love it, but it does look nice and fits more to my simple style. You can see it around the doors here where Wendell is working. We have 3.5 inch boards around the doors and 5.5 inch boards along the base. And we're framing around the windows. Wendell spent all of his time last Saturday cutting and nailing. He only had a couple more to do come Monday. It was exhausting for him - and me. I ripped everything out and helped cut boards out. It was really fun working together on the project. Now it's all me. I've filled in all the nail holes, and I've got most of the caulking done. Then it's on to paint. And that's just for our main kitchen/living room area. We still have a lot of the house to do, but I think I'll only need Wendell's help for 2 more full days when he can fit them in.
Anyway, this is what has been and probably will be taking up my free moments for now.


6 comments:
You are amazing. Where did you learn to be such a handygirl? You take after dad! Me, I'm better at telling Benji what to paint, saw, or mudd in our room, lol. I love the fresh look you always create. It's simple, yet it's sophisticated, and always beautiful! Lol on the pic- looks like he's having the TIME of his life, LOL!
I love it when projects are finished. We've got several started now, too, and they are progressing slowly but surely in between all the surgeries we've had this year!
It's looking great up there. Way to go Wendell!
We have the same trim. I love it because it is a lot easier to clean and looks a lot better.
I know it's hard work having a house, but I WANT ONE! :( I guess I could do stuff at/to my parents house, but I don't think it would be the same.
Good work. I bet it looks so good. Waiting for more pics of your work.......
I'm with princess mommy. Where are more pics? Love the trim!
The finished product looks great! good job you two.
Post a Comment