I promise I always have good intentions of updating my blog -
but life just gets hold of me and it doesn't happen!
I've been keeping incredibly busy. Most of my time is taken up just playing with the kids and taking care of their needs. On top of that, I'm STILL not done with my phase 1 trim project. I just can't find the time to paint! Grrrr. But that's okay because I know it's more important to be there for the kids.
Wendell and I are the activities committee chairpeople (is that a word?), and we just finished a really fun activity called "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" It's an activity getting ward members together for dinner at each other's houses. Nobody knows where they're going until they open the envelope the day of the dinner - so that makes it fun. I basically did the whole thing myself so that kept me busy. It's not too big of a deal. People sign up to be guests or hosts, then I put them all together in their groups and make up the invitations. I had my committee members help pass the invites out, and then spent the rest of the week dealing with cancellations and trying to move some things around. We weren't able to participate because Wendell was out of town this weekend when it happened. :(
My friend Amanda and I are planning to do a combined yard sale in a few weeks. I live on the perfect road for it, so I don't have to do any advertising. She's been working so hard cleaning out all of her closets and is storing all of her stuff to sell - but I hadn't even started yet! So I finally tackled one project this weekend. Small as it was, it felt good to get it done. I went through all of my kids' clothes bins in our storage - and in their dressers - keeping my favorites and getting rid of the stuff I don't care to keep. My love-seat was a big mountain of clothes for awhile, and now they're all folded. I don't think I'll sell them, though - most of them are pretty hashed.
Sydney started soccer up last week. She had a short practice on, when was it? Tuesday or Wednesday, and then games on Friday and Saturday. She's on the same team with 3 other kids from our ward, two of whom she's good friends with. So it's pretty fun for her. Last year she spent most of her time standing in one place on the field, often in tears. This year is a hundred million times better so far. She actually chases the ball around with the kids and kicks it when she can. Her first game, on Friday, she even scored one of the goals!! Woo hoo! The coach's son and another kid on the team are super soccer stars - and her friend Andre is pretty darn good himself. So far we're smokin' the competition. Not that they keep score or care at this age. lol. I think Sydney is doing much better because she kind of knows what's going on this time - and she's had a couple practices and feels better about herself. I was a single mom this weekend, so I didn't have the cameras (Wendell had them). Pictures will be forthcoming!
Today I have felt pretty tired and had a hard time staying motivated to work through my to-do list. But I did get some good stuff done. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have tons of pictures saved up to post to the blog, but I just can't make the time to put it all together. Plus I wonder if anyone is even checking in on me anymore! I know I'm a slacker.....have you all gotten tired of checking and seeing nothing new? lol. :O)

9 comments:
I'm still checkin'! It's good to know that you are still alive. Life's great when it's busy. Isn't it?
uh - i check it almost every day - i anxiously await an update from you. i love the pics you post - but yes, they do take time to get ready and stuff.
keep up the good work - your blog is the bomb.com
I CHECK!!! :)
Yay for Sydney! It's great that she feels a lot better about soccer this year, and that she knows other kids on her team. Yay for Sydney's first goal of the season! :) I can't wait until my kids are in soccer.
The dinner idea sounds so cute! I was in the activities committee, and it's a LOT of work- let alone by YOURSELF!! You are the man. ;)
It sounds like you have made yourself very busy- you need to take a rest every now and again or you'll collapse! I know, because I do it all the time, too. ;)
I totally understand what you're feeling with the remodel/trim thing. We STILL haven't finished painting......and we NEED to do it. The cupboards/vanities are SUPPOSED to be here THIS weekend! Ack!
You are one rockin' woman, sis. I am always amazed at what you manage to pull off and do in your busy life. You're awesome. We all love looking at your blog, so keep it up! You don't have to be a blog nazi like I am, just every once in a while so we know you're still alive. :) Lol.
Oh, and uh.... I would TOTALLY send you a WHOLE BOX of freezer jam if I *could*! I'll just have to save you a couple of them and give them to you when we go camping this summer! :) :) You ARE still wanting to go camping this summer..... right? :)
Love ya!!
I check everyday... life is crazy, so I understand it takes time to blog... not everyone can be as amazing as Lisa is!
I'm glad that Sydney enjoys soccer. I'm still checking your blog! Keep spending time with your kids, they grow up so fast.
I check, but I've been a slacker lately too. I've been spring/pre-baby cleaning my house and while it is the most boring job on the planet it feels nice to be mostly done (Somehow shampooing the carpets and cleaning the oven just always get pushed to the bottom of the list.) Thanks for the updates though. I've decided I want to move to your ward because you have so many fun things you do.
I only wish I was close to being ready for our yard sale. Soccer is funnier this year. I think mostly because Andre knows more kids. Andre last year too spent most of the games starring up into the sky. I think that they are both doing so much better. Heather you are such a t great mom. It is great that you spend a lot of your time with your kids.
Hey! We sure had a great time last night. We'll have to do that again soon. I'm jealous of your trim. I wish I could redo thick plain trim, and plainer doors. Mine are dusting nightmares. I'd do dark wood if I had it to do all over again as well. Fartbreath is a good man to do your projects.
I love checking your blog - you do a fantastic job. There is nothing wrong with taking a break and living life! Ha - have you looked at my blog recently? My baby is 4 weeks old today and I have yet to upload pics and post about his birth! Too many projects and too much to take care of.... I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about, LOL!
Post a Comment