It's nice to know I'm not a lone island out here in blogger world- thanks for checking in on us!
In the above picture, he was having a pre-birthday-dinner snack of dirt and/or possibly some dead bugs found in the track of our sliding glass door. It's a good thing he's durable.....and it looks like I've got something to add to my cleaning list.
Ta-Da! I made a cute little bear cake for him. My main wish was to make something with big eyeballs. He has a favorite book with sesame street characters and they all have big eyes. He LOVES it! And the cake was a hit as well. Good thing, it "only" took me an hour to decorate because I was totally winging it!! (don't laugh, Kathy!)
"happy birthday to you...."
Oh yeah, lay the icing on thick and you're sure to get a nice messy face. After two kids who failed to sufficiently mess their faces, I finally learned the trick: dark frosting and lots of it!
He really had at it and then started crying. He LOVED eating the cake, but didn't like being messy. lol.
The aftermath. Okay, so I was a little obsessed about the cake this time. 
I love this picture of Ethan. He was riding bikes outside and thought his helmet really was on correctly. Since he's only on a push along bike right now, I didn't go fix it. I'd rather just stand there and laugh at him.
Cole bear got several cute gifts. I let the other kids help open them, and Ethan couldn't wait to play with his brother's stuff. For the birthday we had a pizza party. Part of Wendell's family was able to make it. I made a homemade BBQ chicken pizza, his mom brought a chicago stuffed pizza from Papa Murpheys and Michele brought a pepperoni one. Then we had cupcakes and ice cream. Thanks for coming!

This is a picture of my new niece, Ava (I'm pretty sure that's how they're spelling it). Tracy gave birth and then a week or so later, they were off to California to spend several weeks with Tracy's parents! So we haven't really had much time to bond with this little cutie. She's still tiny and cute - so it's all good.

8 comments:
That cake is so cute! I hear you on wanting them to attack it. Spencer took one tiny taste of frosting with the tip of his finger and was done. Don't you love snuggly babies? Milly is a snuggler too and I just LOVE it!I loved the picture of Cole eating dirt or bugs. It's still strange to me to see him with light hair. He's such a cutie. I hope Hallie hasn't claimed him already, because Milly would like a fair share at dating him some day.
You did a great job on the cake! I love it. Happy Birthday Cole.
Heather- you did a fantastic job on the bear cake! It is darling! I LOVE to see what types of things parents do on their kids' cakes, 'cuz it gives me lots of ideas. :)
Those pics of Cole are so cute! He's getting so big....*sigh* I was ROFL on the "snack" pic- leave it to our kids to find the ONLY places we DON'T clean....;)
I love the idea of a pizza party. How fun!
Your niece is beautiful, and I really love the name. There's also a girl in K's class named "Neve", pronounced "neh-vee" and it's so dang cute. Congrats to your bro and sis in law! :)
Happy Birthday Cole! I love the chocolate face. So cute.
That cake is darling! Ryan is the one here that always makes the cakes so I'm supper impressed by your abilities! Happy birthday Cole!
Happy birthday Cole! Way cute cake Heater. I am so impressed. I tried to decorate a cake for Andre one year what a disaster. You are a wonder cook. Wow I can't believe that Cole is already a year.
By the way do you call Cole Snugs because that is what I call Andre. How funny
Amanda- that is so funny! I've never heard you call Andre that before. I guess great minds think alike. :)
Post a Comment