
We had a great time celebrating our country's independence this year.
I know it took me FOREVER to post, but real quick here's what we did:
We started off with a pot-luck dinner with friends on the night of the 3rd. Following dinner, we headed into town and met up with our family to watch the fireworks. My SIL Tracy was able to get us into her work, where we ascended a fire escape ladder up to the roof to get a better view. It was FREAKY! Especially when you're carrying a baby. lol. But it was fun, too.
On the 4th, we woke up and headed into town to our in-laws stake center for the annual scout breakfast they do. I love pancake breakfasts, so this is something I always look forward to. We hung out there for quite awhile just chatting and nonsense. After breakfast we all headed over to the movies to see Wall-E. (is that how it's spelled?) Such a cute show! My kids loved it and Ethan talks about it constantly. He loves robots.
After working in the yard a little that afternoon, we headed out to Smithfield for a BBQ with our family and some friends of the family.


When we got home, we lit up some sparklers with Ethan and Sydney. Cole was conked. The kids were very apprehensive. But they warmed up and we eventually used up all 6 or 8 boxes.


It was a great 4th.
This country rocks, doesn't it?
I'm so blessed to live here. People rip on it all the time and I say they suck. We don't get enough credit for the great and awesome nation that we've become through Divine guidance and inspiration. What amazing opportunities are here for the taking. My husband makes his own living and my kids can play outside without fear. We can say what we want about whoever we want without fear. We can worship how we want without fear. If we don't like something, we can work to change it. It's awesome.
And we were grateful for the opportunity to party!

4 comments:
You guys always look like you have so much fun!
LOVE that picture of you with the sparklers! LOL!
I agree fully with what you said about our country. Amen, sista! (yeah, I'm a dork)
That's a sexy sparkler pic. ;)
Sounds like your 4th was a blast!
i LOVE the pic of you and the sparklers.
looks like you are about to lose it.
:)
Post a Comment