Last week we finally planned a little camping trip with the kids. We love to go up to Bear Lake and play at the beach. And Sydney's request was to "camp on the beach", so that's where we headed. Usually when we camp, we have our pick of spots because we have to camp during the week. Well, this time we actually left on Friday, so when we got to our usual spot at Rendezvous Beach - all the spots were filled. So we drove over to the KOA and there was a spot left for us. I thought the KOA would be ghetto, but this place was rockin'. They have a pool, miniature golf, a playground, a rec room, a kitchen area and nice showers! It wasn't too much more than Rendezvous, either.
There were tons of family reunions going on there, though. So it was busy busy. But that' didn't bother us too much. And we even ran into a couple of people we knew.
Friday we got in about 11:00 or so. We set up camp, ate lunch and then headed out to go swimming at the KOA swimming pool. This wasn't as much fun as it looked, because the water was cold and the boys kept crying. Even Sydney wasn't having much fun. So we went back to the tent and attempted to have naptime. Didn't work. So we headed over to the beach and spent the rest of the afternoon there. The kids LOVED the beach. There was a huge shallow water area, and they spent most of their time wading through that - picking up seashells and playing in the sand.
Well, it took Cole a few minutes to warm up to it, but he was in heaven on the beach.


You can see here how much shallow area there was to play in.


This is the beginning of two-days' worth of seashell collecting.

For dinner, I didn't pack anything because when we only go overnight, I hate to spend so much time cooking. And planning meals is the worst part of camping, in my opinion. So we went to Bear Lake Pizza. Pricey! But yummy.
After pizza, we went back to the KOA and did some miniature golfing. The kids really enjoyed this. It was free to do it, and the kids got to use these cute little plastic "hockey" stick looking things.
After golf, we went on a wagon ride around the campground. Then spent a little time at the playground. I have many pictures of this, but limited time. So just imagine it in your mind. :)
This is Ethan's "happy face."


We forgot to take firewood. Which makes me mad, because we do have a small supply here at home. (sigh) It's okay, though, because Wendell found some out behind our campsite. It was a community wood-dumping area where anyone could get wood, I guess. So we had hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows before the kids went to bed. Then Wendell and I stayed up late chatting around the fire until we decided to turn in. I know this is really detailed. I'm just realizing that. Hopefully you aren't all bored to death.
Anyway, in the morning after a hot shower, I cooked up a pancake breakfast and then Wendell took the kids to play some more golf and mess around on the playground. I stayed behind to clean up. I like to do this because then it gets done the way I want it to, instead of half the stuff being thrown willy-nilly into the van. lol. They were gone so long, that I had everything packed up, inlcuding the tent, by the time they got back. And we headed over to the beach for the rest of the day - or at least until we had to go to get Wendell to his wedding at Beaver Mountain.


6 comments:
We're going "camping" this weekend. We've rented a cabin with all the comforts of home. That's how you camp when you get old!
Fun. I want to go camping. I have not been to Bearlake since I was a wee one.
It sounds like you guys totally lucked out with your spot too! That's awesome.
I totally understand about what you mean when you said that it has to be done your way. I'm that way too.
Sounds like a ton of fun! I love camping, but we don't do it to often!
Oh, man. I could SO use a few days on THAT beach! It looks like it was heaven to camp there. We totally need to come to Logan and camp there. I love the pics of your kids- they are growing up so fast! The kids loved the one of Ethan golfing- and his huge hockey stick, lol!
The Sydney-ism is so cute! And that picture of her made me gasp- she looks so much like you, and so much older!!! What a beauty.
Love the new background! Bear Lake looked awesome. My kids are dying to get up there. We'll have to plan a beach day with you guys or something! Send me your e-mail so I can get you on my blog list. googilycub@hotmail.com
Post a Comment