Monday, December 8, 2008

And then it was gone.

This morning we woke up to snow in Cache Valley. Not much, just about an inch or so. The kids were pretty excited about it. This is the first snow (unless it snowed while we were out of town). So I promised the boys we would go out and play in it a little. I'm grateful that I actually made good on that promise right before we ate lunch. We played for about a half hour. Cole was happy just to tromp around in it in his boots. Ethan threw a few snowballs at me, and ran around eating as much of it as he could.
Then lunch came, and naptime.
Now I look out the window and it's pretty much all melted away.
I'm so glad I didn't put off playing with the boys this morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I love moments like that where you realize you're doing a great job as a mother. :)

Btw- looks like another storm's gonna blow through this week/end sometime!

Jamie Jo said...

I HATE snow!! I'm so glad it's gone and I hope it never comes back. Okay, maybe that is extreme. It can come back as long as the temp never drops below 35.

Anonymous said...

Kids help you remember why snow was fun! However you are lucky it is gone - it is still here in SL!

wendyberd said...

i LOVE that header pic of your family - i can't believe how awesome it is!!!!

Kelseybob said...

That is great Heather. I love those little moments when you just forget about everything else and play with the kids. Glad you didn't miss the chance.

Anonymous said...

Try to never postpone playing with your kids! I know it's hard, but it's precious time.