We had our ward Christmas breakfast on Saturday morning. I think it turned out really fun. We learned from a few mistakes we made last year and the food preparation went a little more smoothly - despite blowing a few fuses in the kitchen!
We had pancakes, eggs and ham. And the ward brought bowls of fresh fruit. yum! We let the kids decorate their pancakes with whip cream and chocolate chips, if they wanted, too. Then we had about 7 or 8 musical numbers, which were great, followed by a visit from Santa for the kids. I loved the coloring pages and ornament-making tables because they kept the kids quiet during the musical program (somewhat). And we wore our pajamas.
Here is Kristen from the committee and a volunteer cook from the ward.
(can you guess it? It starts with a "W")
The ham.
I was in charge of the eggs. I think I did pretty well. I was manning two pans and holding a baby most of the time.
Aaaww. He just loves his mommy!
But he also loves his pancakes!
This little boy has the most adorable smile in the whole world. He's Kristen's baby.

We had this tree set up at the party and told everyone to bring an ornament to donate to it. We also had paper for kids to make ornaments for it. We donated this tree to Providence Place, an assisted living center in our ward. I took my family over to decorate it because Kristen didn't have time to put all the ornaments back on when she dropped off the tree. The kids loved it. And I think the tree turned out SO adorable. I love the look of real trees, with all the homemade ornaments.
When we got home the kids played in the snow while Wendell shoveled. We woke up that morning to a bunch of snow.(a minor setback for our ward party...) It was very light and powdery, though, so it was kind of hard to make a snowman. It kept falling apart! So he's a small one. We have a "snowman kit" that I bought from a craft show a few years ago. It came with all the button- looking eyes, mouth and a "wooden "carrot" nose.

Then that night we made it over to the American West Heritage Center where we got to experience some of what Christmas was like in pioneer days. It was FREEZING, but fun.
Here is Sydney dressed up like a shepherd for their living nativity. They had stuff to put on and then you could take their picture on the hay. Unfortunately, there was a HUGE youth group that came into the tiny barn right as we were ready to take a snapshot. We weren't able to get a good picture of Sydney and Ethan, since it was too crazy. But she's cute anyway.
The ham.
I was in charge of the eggs. I think I did pretty well. I was manning two pans and holding a baby most of the time.
Aaaww. He just loves his mommy!
But he also loves his pancakes!
This little boy has the most adorable smile in the whole world. He's Kristen's baby.
We had this tree set up at the party and told everyone to bring an ornament to donate to it. We also had paper for kids to make ornaments for it. We donated this tree to Providence Place, an assisted living center in our ward. I took my family over to decorate it because Kristen didn't have time to put all the ornaments back on when she dropped off the tree. The kids loved it. And I think the tree turned out SO adorable. I love the look of real trees, with all the homemade ornaments.
When we got home the kids played in the snow while Wendell shoveled. We woke up that morning to a bunch of snow.(a minor setback for our ward party...) It was very light and powdery, though, so it was kind of hard to make a snowman. It kept falling apart! So he's a small one. We have a "snowman kit" that I bought from a craft show a few years ago. It came with all the button- looking eyes, mouth and a "wooden "carrot" nose.
Then that night we made it over to the American West Heritage Center where we got to experience some of what Christmas was like in pioneer days. It was FREEZING, but fun.Here is Sydney dressed up like a shepherd for their living nativity. They had stuff to put on and then you could take their picture on the hay. Unfortunately, there was a HUGE youth group that came into the tiny barn right as we were ready to take a snapshot. We weren't able to get a good picture of Sydney and Ethan, since it was too crazy. But she's cute anyway.

Props go to Wendell for taking TONS of pictures for me that day.
He is very supportive of my blogging!
He is very supportive of my blogging!
I'm really sad. I got released as Activities Chairperson on Sunday. I know the bishop is trying to give me a break since Wendell just got put into the Elder's Quorum presidency. But I was just getting comfortable in my calling and I had a few good ideas for next year! Oh well. I guess everyone has to do their time in Primary! (which is where I got called to...) LOL. :)


2 comments:
I absolutely love being in the Primary! You can use all those ideas for activities. I've been in the Primary 6 years! What position did you get called to?
You were right- you DID get called to Primary! What are you now? Sunbeams teacher? Lol. ;) Looks like the ward party was a hit! Nice and simple, and it sounds delicious as well. Wish our ward party was like that for us...my kids acted up and I had to take Koby home. *sigh* Loved the donated tree- what a neat thing to do. Lol about Colebear- cute pancake pic. Oh, and it's funny- Benji is entirely supportive of my blogging as well! He's always like, "did you update your blog today?" or, "are you gonna get a pic of that for your blog?" Lol. Thanks Wendell, for taking the pics! It's nice to see Heather in a few of them. :)
Post a Comment