Monday, February 2, 2009

Some of my Random Thoughts

I find it fascinating...

1. That we can place so much importance on a football game. People cry, for heaven's sake. Give me a break. Not that I don't like the SuperBowl. We usually watch it. Last night we weren't able to, but we caught the end when they were handing out the trophy. Football can be fun to watch, but let's get real....it's still JUST A GAME. lol.

2. That one toddler weighing under 20 lbs can unload so much diarrhea. Um...yeah.

3. That people actually blame former President Bush for the economic dowturn in the country. For almost his whole term we had a great economy - especially considering that we have been at war that whole time. Then 2 years ago, the people elected an all democratic congress. Things went downhill after that. I'm not blaming the Democrats. But on that same note, we should not blame Bush. Things happen. The reason the economy is suffering slightly right now is complex : people being very unwise in their borrowing and lending; negative reporting in the news; and so forth.

4. That for some reason I can never seem to cross everything off my to-do list. It just keeps building and building!

5. That it is taking our "plumber" so long to install a bathtub. I think he started on Thursday. Yes, installing a bathtub. I know nothing about it, but I do know he seems to be taking his sweet time. I hope we're not paying him hourly!

6. That I have a degree in nutrition. I know exactly how and what to eat if I want to stay thin and beautiful for life. But place a plate of cookies in front of me and I suddenly have amnesia and the plate is empty before I know it! Will-power is a fascinating concept.

7. That there are actually people out there who don't believe in God. It amazes me. I have seen some programs on the History Channel - where they are trying to prove religious "theories" or figure out events in the bible. And it floors me to think "I have those answers. And these 'experts' and 'scholars' have no clue!" It truly is amazing. And it makes me sad for them. I guess I need to be a better missionary.

8. That Ethan can earn a brand new Buzz Lightyear toy that he has been obsessing about and working towards for 10 days, and the minute we bring it home: "Mommy, I need to buy a Woody toy now" every 2 minutes for the rest of the night. aaarrgh!

9. That ice water can be so refreshing.

10. (One more political thing) I actually heard a woman praise Obama this morning for knowing who Jessica Simpson is. Saying that it's great to have a president who is up to date on pop culture instead of being stiff and unapproachable (and that's almost a direct quote as I remember it). And the audience cheered! I can't believe it. Is this important? Really? yikes. The man has zero ideas ...has no idea what he's in for or what the heck he's doing....but he knows who Jessica Simpson is! Hallelujah! We are saved!


The End.
:O)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the cookies. We started potty training today and I could eat a whole batch just to escape. I didn't realize before I had kids that I was an emotional eater.

Anonymous said...

Ack! My comment that I left yesterday or the day before...didn't show up!! :p

I LOVE this post- so fun and funny and YOU!! Love it, girl! I TOTALLY agree!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

So exactly what should I be eating to stay thin and healthy?

Brooke said...

Amen!