Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Easter Pictures

Yes, I attempted the egg pops. These are the balls of cake/frosting mixture. You bake a cake, let it cool completely and then crumble it into very fine crumbs. Then you add a can of frosting and mix well, and shape into balls. Of course, then I shaped it into egg shapes.
Melt candy melts, stick a paper sucker stick into the balls and then dip into melted candy. I thought the chocolate dip tasted best. The white was gross. I don't have a finished picture of them decorated. They turned out pretty cute but took FOREVER to do. I don't love the mushy cake texture, so I may never make these again.

Sydney and Ethan hunting for eggs at our friends' Easter picnic party on Saturday.
Sydney holding all of her clues to find her Easter basket. She said she doesn't think the Easter Bunny should hide the baskets next year. She doesn't like having to hunt. Lol.
Another cute one of Sydney. She always has to bring a stick home when we go to a park.
Somehow the guys all decided to have a "pull-up" competition. The skinniest guys did the best. Here is Wendell showing us how tough he is. I don't think I can even do one.
Ethan doing something with his "wall-e" hands.
Here is Ethan hunting for eggs at the Egg hunt left by the Easter Bunny.
Cute Cole looking for eggs.

And another. :)

I can't find the rest of the pictures. But I'll keep looking!

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

I am glad to know more about the cake pops. I've thought they looked cool for awhile, but if they don't taste that great then I wont bother.

I also love the pictures of Sidney - that girl is a knockout!

Anonymous said...

Martha, good job on the cake pops! Did your kids eat them all or did ya pass them out to the neighbors? lol. Cute Easter pics- I really need to update my blog with more pics, too. I am attempting to make malasadas today. Not entirely homemade, tho- I'm cheating by using frozen roll dough, lol. I'll let you know how it turns out. I actually found a recipe for homemade malasadas from a facebook source. What I'd love to find is an EASY recipe for a fail-proof manapua!