We actually did a few fun things in August before school started. Unfortunately, I can't find all my pictures. Story of my life!
Here is a really fun activity some friends of mine put together. A pretend grocery store. I have to admit it sounded lame to me at first, but ended up being a real hit with the kids. We stayed a couple of hours! What we did was collect our garbage and tape things together to make them look newish. Then they laid everything out on tables, gave the kids some play money and let them buy stuff over and over. There were a few play cars that the kids could use to transport their stuff from the "store" to their "home" across the street. :) Occasionally we grabbed the stuff and put it back on the tables for them to buy again. They even could use a credit card. lol.



Sydney played cashier/bagger for a little while.
Every year our neighbors organize an evening at Hyrum Dam. A couple of them have boats and we go for boat rides or tubing or skiing. Whatever. Mostly we sit on the beach, eat snacks and chit chat. My kids loved it. But they look zoned, here. I got to try the 3-person tube. It was wild!



We also had a fun family reunion and back-to-school. If/when I can find those pix I'll post them.


2 comments:
You always seem to come up with the funnest things for your kids! How cute, and a fun, sneaky way to teach kids about math, too. ;)
You've also got the coolest neighbors. So many fun things going on over there. :)
I love how your neighborhood puts together such fun ideas for the kids. What a great experience for everyone!
Post a Comment