Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

For our young women's lesson on Sunday, there was a part I had to read. It sums up how I feel about Christmas, so I thought I'd share it here. Hope you don't mind....


"Our Savior gave each of us the greatest gift of all. He gave His life to save us. Never did the Savior give in expectation of receiving. He gave freely and lovingly. He gave us His love, His service, and His life. And most important, He gave us and all mortals resurrection, salvation, and eternal life. We should strive to give as He gave...

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would give him a lamb,
If I were a wise man,
I would do my part, -
But what can I give Him,
Give my heart."

We've had a pretty simple month. None of the usual hectic hustle and bustle. I really tried to cut back and keep things low-stress. I haven't updated my blog in forever, but mostly because there hasn't been much to blog about! We are really enjoying our holiday. One fun thing we did was for Wendell and I to go to San Diego to shoot a wedding. So warm!! 70 degrees! Check out his blog for pictures soon. Today we head to Wendell's mom's house for a nice dinner. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. (or that you HAD a wonderful Christmas, depending on when you read this.) :O)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful post about the Savior and the true meaning of the season. :) Merry Christmas to you, Wendell, and the kids. We send our love, hugs, and kisses!

Russ and Em said...

I am glad you had a wonderful stress-free Christmas. It sounds nice, we had SO many family parties, relatives in town and ward things to help with I am just recovering. Honestly, what did you do, because I don't want a repeat of this year.