For Valentine's Day, Sydney's school doesn't do class parties. Instead they do a "valentine's tea" where the classes take turns going to "tea". They are dressed their best and assigned partners - boy/girl. The boys have to go get the girl a cookie and punch and bring it to her. Then they get theirs and all eat together. The moms in charge read a story or something, too. I got to go take a couple snaps, but then left so I wouldn't embarrass her too much. Her partner is in the background in the left picture. It's a cute little tradition.
On Saturday, we invited two couples over for a fancy dinner. I decorated with our fancy dishes and candles, and cooked all day long. It was very romantic and we had a blast. Amanda has pictures of each couple and the whole group on her camera and promised to email me copies....so when I get them I'll post them. We played a couple of fun games. The funnest one was an idea I got online, where everyone is given a weird phrase and they have to slip it into their normal conversation over the course of dinner without getting caught. Only one of us ended up getting caught. It was so funny.
After our fancy dinner, Wendell and I blew up over 50 balloons and put candy in most of them for the kids.They loved waking up to a room full of balloons, but weren't able to pop them themselves. lol. It's okay,it stretched out the time eating candy. I think next time we have a sunday holiday, I will forgo the candy until AFTER church. My kids hit their downer right as church began. lol.
And after church, we used the fancy chargers and goblets for our family dinner. The kids loved it and behaved very well for our fancy family dinner.
We don't do a lot of gifts or anything, but my hubby did get me some flowers. He ordered them online, and they arrived on Friday. So he hid them downstairs, and then on Saturday figured he'd better give them to me so they would stay pretty. Funny thing is, they were still in the box! LOL. :) But they stayed pretty and I'm still enjoying them.







5 comments:
Love all your ideas!! You are the most creative chic. I totally want to steal these ideas for next year. What type of candy were you able to stick inside the balloons? What a fun idea!
Sydney already gets embarrassed by you taking pics? That is so funny. My kids LOVE the camera and are constantly telling me not to forget to get them with such and such friend, etc. Lol. I love the idea of a "tea party"- it gets us moms off the hook trying to find fun vday activities and games, and it's a nice way to incorporate manners, being polite, and all the other social graces. Right on!
we stuck Crunch hearts, and nerds, small laffy taffys, that kind of stuff. The smaller, the easier, though. And we just did one to three pieces per balloon.
She doesn't get too embarrassed. But I think after awhile she's like "enough already". lol.
You are so fun for holidays for your family. I wish it had worked out to do a roomie get together but I am glad we will be doing one in a few months. What did you fix? I always like new food ideas. I've used so many of the ones you sent from your recipe group.
I LOVE the tea party idea too. What a fun school.
That game sounds great! I think I will have to use it. It sounds like it was a fun time. V-day for us is pretty laid back too. Nik got me carmels and I got him headphones. Romantic, I know.
Looks like you all had a fun time...particularly Cole and his fun time in the sugar.
When is Sydney'srecital this year?
Post a Comment