Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not too very interesting....

But maybe it is. I have been very busy the past month and a half or so since I last wrote. I confess I've been playing the "wait until I have pictures to show" game. But I guess it really is time for an update.

In March, we found out that I'm pregnant! Woo hoo. #4. Yes, I am a crazy woman. And we're hoping for a girl. Mostly for Sydney's sake.

We also went down to Panguitch for my nephew's baptism. I'm sure I have pictures somewhere. he he. We then headed into St. George. My parents watched the kids overnight so Wendell and I could have a night away together as a combined birthday present. It was freezing in St. George and we all got sick the next day. So fun.

Wendell and I both had birthdays in March, but neither one was very exciting. I guess that's the story when you become an old fogie.  We had some nice dinners out with the kids. Wendell had a bridal fair on his birthday, which is no fun. But luckily he booked some weddings from it, so it was worth the pain.

For Easter/Conference weekend, we hung around at home. Sydney really looks forward to conference. We have a couple of traditions. One is that we eat all of our 72-hour-kit food (and replace it) to keep it rotated. And we also have some things for them to listen for during conference. This year we listened for any mention of Jesus or Heavenly Father. Every time we heard Their name we put a cotton ball in a jar. We ended up with about 5 jars filled to the brim! And we even missed it several times because the kids had a hard time listening the whole time. lol. For Easter, I'll have to post pics soon. It was fun.

The next week was Spring Break. I really wish we could have taken a trip, but we hung around home. The kids loved it, though, and we even had a couple of days with some good snow to play in.  We did our usual Baby Animals Day trip at the heritage center, and also took a trip to the Hill Air Force Museum in Clearfield and the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. I have pictures for this trip, too. :O)

Things are getting much busier as it's warming up. Warmer weather means yard work and gardening. Today I planted two fruit trees and we're getting our garden tilled and ready to plant. I need to get my carrots in! Everything else can wait until mid-late May, I think. I'm keeping things pretty simple this year.

Well, I think that catches me up. I know I'm leaving tons out, but those are some of the main highlights of our recent life. I've spent a lot of time eating and feeling very lazy and tired. It seems to be going away now, though. Which is great because it's time to get up off the couch and get on with life.

6 comments:

PrincessAnna said...

WHAT???!!!!

Congratulations! How exciting :) Can't wait to hear more about it!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being prego! That's great news! I was kinda wondering if you guys were going to have more. So does that make it a November or December baby?

Lisa said...

YAY! I can FINALLY comment on it! CONGRATULATIONS, you two! I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly for ya- I know how it is being huge and still caring for 3 kids. Lol.

Sounds like Spring has brought some fun with it! I love your traditions- reminds me that we have yet to even make 72-hour kits- better get started on that. Lol.

LOVE the update! Can't wait to see PICS of your budding belly. :) But, even then- I'll STILL be bigger than you. ;)

Russ and Em said...

Yea!!!! Congrats! You are such a great mom that kids are so lucky to be born into your family.

Also, I love the General Conference traditions. I think I will steal a few of them. I was trying to get Abbie to listen for words and tell me when she heard them but didn't have any incentive so it kind of died.

I also want more details!

WonderKitty said...

Yay Heather! Going on 4 kids. Can't imagine. I hope this pregnancy is the easiest yet.

Kristy said...

Congrats!!!! Sounds like things are good. Keep it up! I really like the cotton ball idea! I think we'll have to try that one.