My sweet little Cole-bear turned 3 today! All he wanted was to be an astronaut for his birthday. He's talked about it for weeks. So luckily I found a way to make a cheap "astronaut" costume for him. His little helmet is on it's way - we ordered it online at the last minute. But he's so happy with this, it doesn't matter. All I did was use a white jumpsuit I found at the DI for $4, and ironed on a flag patch. He loves it! Of course, it's already dirty...I have a feeling this will spend a lot of time in the wash....
And of course he wanted an "astronaut" cake for his birthday,too. So I made a moon cake with a toy astronaut on top. So cool. :O)
We start off our day by opening a mountain of presents from us and extended family first thing in the morning. Then he spent the morning playing with his new stuff while mom ran to meeting after meeting. Luckily we have 1:00 church, so he had plenty of playtime before we had to go.
After church we headed over to our friends, the Coles, for dinner. Their little girl and Cole were born on the same day. This is the first time we've celebrated together. It was so cute. They were very sweet to each other. Here they are with their cakes.
So what shall I say about my sweet Cole? There are so many funny things about him. He loves to be silly and make people laugh. If you laugh at something he does, don't be surprised if crazy cole comes out to put on a show. He loves to say naughty words like "poopy" and "bum-bum" to get a laugh. And his other favorite word is "stupidhead", but he pulls that out when he's mad.
Cole loves astronauts and constantly asks if we can go over the mountain so he can be an astronaut.
He is still so snuggly and always lets me give him squeezes and kisses. He also loves to be "big" and must do things on his own most of the time. Not only that, but he thinks he can do all of the same things his brother and sister do. The funniest thing is when he asks me quite literally if he can go be an astronaut right now, and I tell him he can when he is bigger. So he'll stand on the bed or couch and hold out his arms and tells me that he is bigger NOW and he's ready to go be an astronaut. sigh.
Cole's favorite foods are snack foods. He rarely eats anything on his plate for dinner, but he will pig out on crackers, popcorn, fruit snacks, etc. It's a good thing he takes a regular vitamin. :O)
He loves to go by "Cole-bear" and actually thinks that's his name. lol. He's such a sweet kid and melts the heart of anyone who knows him. I could go on and on about my little Cole.
Love you Cole Bear!





4 comments:
HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Astronaut Cole-Bear!!! What a darling post! I love the cake, Heather- very creative!! Where did you happen to find a toy astronaut? And the suit is very, very cute! What an adorable little boy. :) Lol on the food thing- our Brittany is our picky eater. Thankfully we can get her to eat tomatoes anytime we feel she's had too many "bad" foods. Lol.
Love the pics!
He is such a doll! It makes me feel better that someone else has kids that don't eat what is on their plates. I LOVE the astronaut costume! He looks so proud of himself.
Way cute everthing!!!I am going to nominate you for mother of the year. Happy birhtday Cole.
You did good on his astronaut costume! I love the cakes you do for your kids too.
Can't wait to see you guys on June 4th! (friday)
Post a Comment