HAPPY BIRTHDDAY ETHAN!!!
Still one hour left of his birthday. He is in the other room snoring away while I swear at blogger. What is up with putting my pictures any random place on the page and not letting me move them? We are having issues tonight. grrrr.
Anyway, here is "the cake". For some reason I've gotten myself into this tradition of making a shaped cake for whatever theme my kids choose. What was I thinking? I'm going to have to stop this very soon. Here is my take on a "Death Star" cake. I only did half the round and put in on top of another cake which was my "outer space". LOL. Okay, you should have seen the cupcakes I made for Ethan's party yesterday. They were so bad that I didn't even want to post a pic. I frosted them (almost) black with little "light sabers" on top (pretzel sticks dipped in colored melted chocolate). Let's just say they didn't turn out how I envisioned......
And this isn't much better. But he totally LOVED it, so that's all that matters!
(Sydney, you're getting a regular cake, just so ya know.)
He woke up to his little pile of presents, which kept getting bigger as I added the gifts from grandparents and aunt Lisa.
Grandma Pace dropped by this morning on her way out of town, just while he was in the middle of opening the gifts. Perfect timing!
Lisa- those animals are so darling. The kids loved them. And Sydney took them over for the afternoon - she was so in love with their big eyes. And the gun is now dubbed a "Chewbacca gun". And the astronauts are, of course, perfect for Cole. He loved having a gift to open this morning while Ethan was drowning in new toys.
Ethan had preschool today and they gave him this birthday crown. He was on cloud nine all day.
--BIRTHDAY PARTY YESTERDAY--
This wasn't supposed to be the first picture. But Blogger is winning the battle tonight. lol. We did a STAR WARS party. I found TONS of cute ideas for games, etc., online. I guess this is a popular theme for this age group of boys. We did a Jedi Training theme. They each got a light saber (a pool noodle cut in half with duct tape for the "handle). They were actually a huge hit!
In the above picture they had just finished building a makeshift bridge across boiling hot lava (aka: grass) to Yoda's cave, where they found their light sabers waiting for them.
Then we threw water balloon bombs at buckets with pictures of the death star and enemy spaceships taped to them, jumped on the tramp and "killed" Darth Vader balloons, went on an asteroid hunt around the house, etc etc etc. Is it bad I can't remember all the games? It's okay, you don't really care. lol. Basically we went from game to game keeping them entertained.
Here's the whole group. Six boys in all. And let me tell you that is PLENTY of boys to wrangle.
"Vader" chips and "Yoda Sodas". :O)
I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the end when Wendell surprised them and came in dressed somewhat like Darth Vader and his brother was dressed like a Jedi and they did a mock fight. It lasted all of two seconds before all of the new little "jedi's" attacked Darth Vader with their foam light sabers. He didn't stand a chance..... ( I do have video of it, but don't know where it is at the moment...)
My little Ethan is 5 now! He is such a sweetheart and all of his friends moms always tell me how easygoing he is when he plays at their house. He does love Star Wars, and now is liking Indiana Jones - because of the LEGO games on the wii. He is very tender-hearted and sensitive, which can sometimes be a challenge, but I think it's going to be a good quality of his. He's doing lots of fun things now: tumbling and soccer are going on right now, and he starts t-ball soon. He has been doing really well with preschool and has learned so much. I am no longer worried about his readiness for Kindergarten in the Fall. He is always ready for a hug and kiss. In fact, sometimes I'll be standing somewhere not paying much attention and I'll feel something on my leg and it's Ethan giving me a little "leg kiss". And telling me he loves me. When his favorite little friend, Sam, was leaving the party yesterday he gave him a hug and told him he loved him. LOL! It was very cute. Maybe I better not pass that on to Wendell....he he.
Love you Ethan!












3 comments:
I didn't know he was into Star Wars! I could've coordinated better on his gift. Lol. Glad they liked them- you'll have to tell me what animal Sydney would LOVE to have. ;)
That Star Wars party is AWESOME!! You always have the FUNNEST ideas!!! Love the saber idea! His little outfit is adorable, too.
You ROCK the birthday cakes, sis. I'm gonna start calling you Grandma Mitchell. :)
We totally have a tender-hearted, sensitive boy ourselves, so it's nice to hear my sister has one, too. ;) It WILL be a great quality to have. Love those kisses!
Looks like your kids are so happy! You're such a great mom! :)
That is an awesome party! I am starting to plan Abbie's and know I am seriously out classed by this party. Great job!!
It looks like Ethan had such a fun time at his birthday. I love his outfit!
Post a Comment