Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SOCKS

A couple of weeks ago we were getting ready for church. Sydney put on a really pretty red dress with black lace over the top. So cute.

Then she asks "Mom? Which of these socks should I wear with my dress?" And she held up a pair of white tube socks with purple patches on the bottom and a pair of regular ugly white ankle socks. Not dressy.

So I said "Niether of those will look good with that dress, you should wear your black tights." Keep in mind we live in Logan and it has been fairly chilly still. Anyway, she put up a huge fuss, but I insisted on it and she gave in. Usuallly I let her wear what she wants throughout the week. And I have had to hide my face a few times. But this time was different. lol.

So we go to church, and all through sacrament Sydney complains to me "I'm so hot! I hate these tights!" 

I ignored her. Just happy that I had won and finally she matched at church.

So fast forward to the end of the block. She came to pick me up from Young Womens and there they were.....

... ugly white socks, tucked into cute little black shoes, staring up at me from her skinny little legs!

She had brought them in her church bag and changed into them after sacrament in the bathroom.

I guess it didn't cross her mind that maybe she should change back into the tights before she saw her mother.....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

ROFL!!! What a funny girlie! Brittany is also obsessed with her own fashion sense. Lol! Just remember to take pics of these "cute" incidents, and she'll look back and finally agree with ya. LOL!

Russ and Em said...

That is funny!!

Da Kine said...

LOL! That's our Sydney!