Thursday, October 14, 2010

August

 Girls Camp! 
Yes. I went to girls camp pregnant. 
My friend let me borrow her extra tall twin air mattress. That, combined with my super warm sleeping bag, created very comfy warm nights for me. My tent-mates weren't so lucky. They froze most of the time. This led to my being labeled a "princess."  Maybe it was also because of the camp chair I brought with a built-in footrest. 

Here's a shot of our girls (minus one who came later this day) right before their big hike. This is a combination of two wards! - mostly our ward.

 And here are most of the leaders. (we had about as many leaders as girls!)
I look lame in this picture because I'm trying to hold my arms around my bellly to show that I am pregnant. But I just look like I need to run to the restroom. (and I won't get into what an adventure it was to use the bathroom up here.....)

Our girls were all so awesome. I think they had a great time. I know I did. 

It was finally Cole's turn to do a sport.  Providence City does kickball for the little kids. 
He totally loved it. It was so cute to watch him kick and run and think he was the best player out there.
And he was. 


Here is Sydney with her 3rd grade teachers on back-to-school night. 
One of them teaches in the morning and the other does the afternoon. She LOVES school this year. I haven't heard her complain about anything. It helps that she is an outstanding student. She is WELL above grade level in reading and comprehension. And she knows it, too. I guess humility will come later....

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

I figure life does enough to suck the confidence out of us, good for her for having such a high level to begin with. It seems to me you need that to survive.

Also, it is nice to know that other wards have as small a Young Women's as we do. It looks like a ton of fun.

Lisa said...

I about choked on my chip when I read the part about you purposely holding your tummy, but it looks like you have to pee. ROFL!

Cole is so stinking cute! It looks like he had a blast.