Monday, June 23, 2014

Okay, so blogging really isn't something I can keep up with daily. I had high hopes, but rest assured I have been taking some pictures so I will post them when I find my camera, which I'm sure is in Wendell's car.

 Today I will post the cell phone pictures I have taken, which aren't as good.

First off, we are now in Abilene Texas.  The Sunday after we arrived in Minnesota, we were told that we were all moving to Texas. Wendell is selling for Vivint, a security system company.  After only a few days I had fallen in love with Eden Prairie, MN.  It was so green and pleasant. Now (as of last night) we are in dry, hot, ugly Abilene. lol.  But it's okay because it is all an adventure. Also we found out we will be coming home in 3 weeks, while Wendell continues working through September in various places.  Gotta love this job! You never know what is going to happen.  :O)

As soon as we found out we were moving to MN, we looked up what there would be to do. Mall of America caught my kids' attention and this guy hasn't been able to talk about anything else.  So we made a couple of visits. Here Ethan is standing in front of some lego sculptures which are up above the LEGO store. They were awesome.


We did go back and spend most of the day at the Nickelodeon theme park in the middle of the mall. I have more pictures on my camera. 


We have gotten A LOTTA swimming in! 
This is how we like to chill in the sun.


This is the best thing ever! Sydney turned 12 on the 12th - while in MN. The next week their YW/YM group was going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.  I'm grateful my bishop had enough forsight to give her an interview before we moved and she has a recommend with her (he gave strict instructions not to use it before she turned 12, haha)! So these are some of the cute girls she did baptisms with. We are so sad we didn't get to spend the summer there. They were so nice. She loved the experience. 

I was a little bummed that I wasn't with her for her first time, but I couldn't leave the younger kids. But it's okay we will go together as soon as we can.  


The ward in MN did a Relief Society activity at one of 4 fire stations in the area. It was fun.




Last Saturday Sydney and I ran in a 5K benefitting a charity.  The Vivint girls all signed up to do it. We got their before everyone and they didn't actually make it on time, so we went ahead and ran it without them.  It was such a fun experience. I've never done a race before and I need to be training for the Top of Utah half, so this was really good for me. I was able to push myself, where I haven't been because my knee has problems. It was so nice to see that I could do this distance without pain!


After the race we hit the road for another 2 days of driving.


Girls car

And the boys with Daddy.

We passed through Kansas, Missouri (and stopped in Liberty to see Liberty Jail), and Oklahoma. 

Here's Texas.  Wide and flat as far as the eye can see. It's amazing.







Stay tuned for more for more awesome pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are so stinking beautiful. I love the length of your hair! Love all the pictures. I need to just blog again so I can keep a copy of my photos online without 400 people having to see it, lol. Love the updates. :)

Lisa

Emily said...

I agree with Lisa. I haven't seen you in ages and you look like your 24 rather than....just kidding. But you look amazing. Glad you are having this fun adventure!

Heather said...

You guys are too nice. Up close it's a totally different story. Lol.