Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Day of School!!!

Sydney has strong opinions about what she wears - but I think the "first day" outfit turned out pretty well. :O) She loves her pink shoes and her pink backpack. We had high hopes of being ready early enough to walk to school today, but that went out the window pretty quick. Maybe tomorrow!

We ended up getting there just a minute or two early. The teacher said Sydney could wait on the bench or go outside and play until the bell rang. A minute later the bell rang before we made it out to play! She was okay with it, though, because she was very excited for class.


She ran into her class so fast - I had to grab her real quick for a snapshot moment. Then she turned and ran back in, so I grabbed her again for a hug ( I know, mushy mom...). Then she ran off again! No tears, no sadness...nothing. I wasn't sad, either. It was exciting to see her all big and going to school. Later when I asked her if she missed me or was sad during class, she just said nuh-uh. lol!

Wendell picked her up so he could be part of the fun. She didn't cooperate very well for photos today - but we got them anyway! The teacher waits outside with the kids until they are all picked up.

Sydney LOVED her first day! She made some new friends and eased right into the routine.

My little precious is so grown up!

5 comments:

Kelseybob said...

Holy cow she is so grown up. I lofe to see her cute pictures. That is awesome she was so excited!

Dixie Chic said...

She looks so grown up! ROFL about not missing you- not even ONE bit! ;) I LOVE her cute crocs! I've never seen that style before. Darling! And her gouchos are really cute, too! And.....I love the way you did her hair- did you straighten it a little or? It looks beautiful. What a big girl you are, Sydney!

Heather said...

She IS so grown up! I can't believe it. Today she ran off to play with older kids on the playground before the bell rang for school to start. I had to stay and watch her and make sure she made it to her class okay, because I just can't let go!
Yes, I straightened her hair - and those shoes are Shaka shoes (made in Kona, HI). Wendell's brother works for their company now and has given us the sweet hookups. I think they're way cuter than crocs but they're pricey too. (except for our deal we got..lol) www.shakashoes.com , I think.

Unknown said...

such cute pictures of Sydney!!
I can't believe she's in school already!! I love her pink shoes and back pack, too!
So good that she wasn't "weepy" and make it lots harder to leave her!
Congratulations, Sydney....
you're AWESOME!!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa "Great" Mitchell

Amanda said...

What a cutie! I can't believe that our little bugs are all grown up.Nice outfit choice sydney. i still pick out Andre's clothes that is something i just can't let go of.