Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hot Tamales Retreat

It's been 10 years since I met these lovely ladies
(the "hot tamales", as we called ourselves) you see below.
We decided to have a little "girls only" retreat up at my house this last weekend. When they arrived on Friday, we had dinner and snacks and just chatted the night away until 1:30 or so in the morning. It was SO MUCH FUN to just sit and talk like we used to all the time. Although it was harder for all of us to stay up late now that we're old fogies. :O)

The next morning we went up to campus to walk around and see how things have changed in 10 years. It had been pretty warm up here, but that day it was FREEZING! Plus being right there with the canyon winds.....it was brutal. I wasn't too bright and wore flip-flops and my toes went numb.

Here are my girls. Bottom row: Wendy, Emily and Kelsey. Top row: Me, Anna, and Heather.
I do have a few more pictures, but they are down on Wendell's computer and I'm too lazy to go do the whole thing to get them on my computer and post them. Anyway, we then went to Bluebird restaurant for lunch together.
I had SO MUCH FUN and I'm glad you all came!! It's so nice to have people I feel I can be 100% myself with and they'll still love me. I can't get over how DIFFERENT we all are, yet so comfortable with one another. They are a real blessing to me. (sniff)
btw-We really missed you, JennyLynn and Anne. That's what you get for moving so far away! ;o)

4 comments:

Kelseybob said...

I had so much fun. We need to do it again soon. Hopefully before this baby comes! :)

Dixie Chic said...

It looks like you had a blast! I think it's SO cool that you girls keep in touch like that. I wish I could see the "old" picture better so I can see how much you've all changed! Lol

We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! Eeek!

Anonymous said...

Stay in touch with your friends - there is nothing like girl-time!

WonderKitty said...

I love getting together with my girls, we just had one of those "girl days" of sorts, it was a blast. It is like nothing has changed!