I've been tagged a couple of times. I guess it's time for me to do this. :O)
Rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
My facts/habits:
1. I think I'm a slight insomniac. I have GREAT difficulty falling asleep most nights. I find it gets worse with the more tired I am. Last night I was SO TIRED but still couldn't fall asleep until after 12:30 am! As a result I'm super tired this morning and have had a hard time getting up. My loving hubby let me sleep while he got the kids breakfast and stuff. Sydney got herself dressed for school. Not an outfit I would have picked, but at least I got an extra 45 min. or so of sleep! I do have a few sleeping pills left from right after I had Cole. But they leave a metallic aftertaste in my mouth whenever I drink liquids the next day. Especially water. weird.
2. I am a guilt-trip-aholic. I don't give other people guilt trips, I give MYSELF guilt trips. About absolutely everything you can think of. I just always feel like I'm doing things wrong or falling short. I'm slowly getting over it. Well, not really. But there are a couple of things I'm learning to let go of. My house, and the fact that I've weaned my son way earlier than my other two kids.
3. That last one was a good lead-in for this fact. I breastfed my two older kids for a whole year. I loved it. But with Cole, my *best* nurser, I have just struggled and struggled. For one, he's a PIG. Most days he would need extra formula after I nursed him. Like a 6 ounce bottle sometimes! So I could have pumped and pumped but I didn't want my life to revolve around feeding my child (and I HATE pumping). Especially being really busy already. Another reason I weaned is just because I wasn't enjoying the breastfeeding. I grew to resent having to sit down and nurse. I gave myself a lot of guilt over weaning him. And still feel it from time to time. But the truth is that I am LOVING bottle feeding. It is harder in a couple of ways, but overall it works much better for me at this point in my life. The third reason is that he actually basically weaned himself. I had him at 2 bottles a day, and about 3X breastfeeding. Which was a perfect balance for me. So I was just going to keep it that way. But he eventually grew tired of nursing, so I weaned him down to one nursing a day. Then I went on BC and had to quit altogether. I still miss the snuggle time, but he's a pretty snuggly baby....and he's now more content more of the time. So there you have it.
4. I hate watching America's Most Wanted. Wendell loves it. But it really gives me a bad feeling. The same goes for those true story murder mystery shows. I have to watch comedies because they lift me up. :O)
5. I am typically kind of a "negative nellie". I usually see the bad in most situations. It's just my nature. But lately I've been making an active effort to be more positive. I've found that my attitude and mood really is the main influence for the feeling we have in our home. If I'm mad, the whole house is gloomy. I'm not tooting my horn, I think it's just the way it is for mothers. Anyway, I've decided I need to be more positive. So I actually physically make myself smile more during the day and relax my face muscles so it isn't fixed in a scowl. It has made an amazing difference. It's incredible how just making myself smile (as cheesy as that sounds) really does make me take a step back and look at the good in all situations. And *faking* like I'm happy really does make me happy and in turn makes life more pleasant for those around me. :O)
6. I'm a Christmas NUT! The only thing holding me back from putting out our trees right now is that I have too many other things to do! I feel like the season passes by too quickly- so why not drag it out as long as possible? And I have no problem with mixing Christmas and Thanksgiving. And yes, I have more than one Christmas tree (they're fake....). My goal is to have one in every room. And I LOVE *theme* trees. My main pretty one is a "snowflake"tree. With pretty snowlfakes and silver ornaments. I like it. My MIL said I can borrow her "gingerbread man" ornaments for our other tree. Then I have a set of three small trees we can put the kids' ornaments on- the ones we collect each year. Because I do like to have a "kid" tree, too. Anyway, I'm holding off on the Christmas music for now....but it's hard!
Well, those are a few facts about me. I would tag others, but the only regulars who visit have already been tagged! So if you want to do this on your blog, and you haven't already, then consider yourself TAGGED! lol. :O)
6 years ago

5 comments:
I think Brittany got her insomnia from her Aunt Heather, then! I know that's where she must have gotten her "natural tan"! Lol.
DON'T beat yourself up about breastfeeding! Every mom is different, and every baby is different. Brittany was a GREAT nurser, too, but I had a really hard time with her, and only bf her for 5 months. To each his/her own! :)
"If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Isnt that the saying? I know that one first hand...That is funny to hear that you think you are a negative person, I never thought of you like that! You were always so happy! Unless you were faking it then too....
I only got 3 months with Sheldon and 6 months with Allie... my milk just dries up for some reason. So I think that you are doing great.
I never thought you were a negative person either. I guess you learn something new everyday.
I have already broke out the christmas music. I love Christmas too.
I never thought of you as a negative person. You always seem so happy! You must be good at faking it.
I love Christmas, too. I would decorate the day after Thanskgiving and keep it up until after New Year's day, but Mark gets tired of it. I guess I just like holidays.
Post a Comment