Friday, November 16, 2007

St. Louis

Here is our hotel room. We got a room at the Hyatt with a king bed for $50 a night. Wendell did it through Priceline, I think. lol. Not too bad. The bathroom is around the corner and it's pretty huge. :O)


Today we got to go tour the Arch in St. Louis. It's apparently a "national park". We had to go through security and everything - a metal detector, you name it. lol. But it was pretty cool. We paid $10/each to ride up in these little round tram cars up to the top of the arch, where we then looked out these little slanted windows down on St. Louis. It was neat, and I'm glad we did it. I thought I would be super scared, though, because it is so high. At least it looks like it's super high. But it wasn't bad. The tram ride doesn't have any views of the city. You look out these tiny windows on the doors, but the view is of the inside of the arch - maintenance stairs and stuff. lol. So it wasn't freaky in any way.
We were in car number 5. Here is the door before entering. Looks like a ride at Disneyland or something.
Inside the little car. It seats 5, but we were alone in ours.
At the center point at the top of the arch.
A view from the top.

Looking out the tiny windows.

It was fun! But then we had to run to the St. Louis temple to meet the bride for some bridals. We took her all over the place and got some GREAT shots!

4 comments:

Kelseybob said...

What great pictures. I could never have gone up the arch. So it is nice to see what it looks like! :)

Dixie Chic said...

$50/night for a room that looks like that is AWESOME!!! Good job, Wendell!

What a FUN adventure, travelling up to the top of the arch! Rockin' fun! I love your pics. So cute. Lol! ;) So, how many stories high is that arch? Whew! Beautiful scenery!

I am so happy for you guys that you got to have a great "vacation" before the "work" part! :)

Oh, and you look MAHvelous. I will NOT be standing by you in the family pics. I have gained SO.MUCH.WEIGHT!!! :p I need to know your secret. Honestly.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I hope the "work" part goes as well.

WonderKitty said...

This looks like so much fun! I would love to go to the top of that arch. I am afraid of heights too, butif you say it is cool, I will trust you. I don't suppose you are making a trip down south for Thanksgiving?