Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bear Lake, again.

Well, the minute we got home from St. Louis, we quickly packed up our stuff and some food, picked up the kids from church (MIL took them), and headed straight up to Bear Lake. My sister-in-law hooked us up with a NICE condo up there. We stayed Sunday through Tuesday. Mostly we just spent the time hanging out together. It really was nice to be with the kids after being away from them for 4 1/2 days.
These two began the vacation with a nice cup of hot cocoa.
Sydney and Wendell rounding out the night with a good game of matching. :O)
Cute Sydney in her PJs.
And here we have Ethan....finally at least looking at the camera.

How many of you have gotten that "why you shouldn't run with forks" email forward? Well, when Ethan took off running down the hall with his fork, I couldn't help but cringe. yikes! Luckily, we got it back from him pretty quick. lol. :O)

The majority of our time was spent letting the kids swim in the indoor pool. When we got up to Bear Lake, I was kicking myself because I had FORGOTTEN our swimming suits! But luckily they had a cute one in Sydney's size for only $10 (not bad for a resort place), and we were able to just buy a swim diaper for Ethan to use. They had a small, 2 ft. deep pool for kids. So it was perfect for them. Sydney even became braver and kept diving under the water and not caring about the water in her face. Good for you, Sydney! Ethan took a while to warm up to swimming in this unfamiliar place. But eventually had as much fun as Sydney. On our last day there, Wendell had the kids at the pool. I guess Sydney wanted to hang onto the edge in the deep pool and was doing great, when all of a sudden, she slipped and fell into the deep water! Luckily Wendell was close by and ran to the edge to lift her out. She said she wasn't scared by it at all! If you know Sydney, you know that's pretty brave for her.
Cole gave us plenty of opportunity for fun picture taking. He's definitely my most mellow and happy child. One thing Cole LOVES to do is splash himself crazy in the bathtub. So when we stuck his feet in the water, he couldn't get enough. Oh, and he finds his feet pretty tasty.






3 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Ooooh! It looks like so much fun! I just adore my niece and nephews. They are the CUTEST kids ever!

Hooray for Sydney! Koby's the same way. He HATES getting water in his face, even when swimming. Lol. Was the water warm? I love that they had a shallow area for the kids.

Yay for Heather updating her blog!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you really had a great time up there. I love seeing pictures of your kids.

Kelseybob said...

Finally my computer is working again. I love the pictures. What cute kids.