Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ensign

I just want to throw this out there. If you haven't picked up this month's issue of the Ensign - the special one about Christ- I suggest you do so immediately. I usually enjoy reading articles from the Ensign. I just love the pick-me-up it is. But this month it is even more so. Every article is specifically about Christ. Read it. I was just reading a little more from it today, and it's turned my cranky attitude around. I can be so lame sometimes. Getting so bugged about insignificant things. But right now, as I have a quiet house and a moment to reflect, I'm grateful to be able to read other people's testimonies about our Savior. It's very calming, and it brings me back to focus.

3 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

It's funny you mentioned this because just a week ago I had a feeling that we should start getting them again. We had them for a while, then the subscription ran out and we've been lazy. I really want to start getting the Friend for the kids- I know they would really enjoy it. Thanks for the reminder, it even went along with the talk given in sacrament about us being more like Christ and how we tend to (unknowingly) become a little self-righteous and self-centered sometimes, and that there is no way you can be charitable on one hand if you're too pride to accept help and give others opportunities to be charitable. I really enjoyed today's lessons.

Dixie Chic said...

Btw- off topic, but the kids have been playing "Pass The Pigs" like crazy lately! They love it!

Kelseybob said...

I agree Heather... they are great articles this month. And thanks Lisa for the charity plug... Ryan thinks that the reason we had to have a c-section is so that I could learn to let people help me out.