Not only was our anniversary on the 21st, but it was also Sydney's first day of school. It was a little neat to have our day be significant in two ways. Sydney wasn't even a twinkle in our eye 9 years ago. And here she is - venturing on into the world of all-day school without even looking back. I can't believe she's in FIRST GRADE already. So grown up!

I made Wendell hurry and grab a couple of pictures of her before we left. You should have seen the hug Ethan gave her. He really misses her during the day and doesn't really know what to do with himself when she's gone.

When I dropped her off in the morning, I parked and walked in with her even though she said she didn't need me to. I had to turn in the lunch money to the office. So while I was standing there waiting to hand it to the lady, Sydney took off down the hall to her class: "bye, mom."
(sniff)
So I handed her lunch money in and then marched down to Mrs. Whittier's classroom and snuck in for a quick hug before the bell rang. ha.
She LOVED her first day. Her favorite part was school lunch - which is the one thing she was a little nervous about. She raved about being able to make choices. She has some friends and really likes her teacher. I think she's gonna do great.

2 comments:
That 2nd picture is a DEAD RINGER for YOU!!! I can't BELIEVE how much she looks like you!!!! SO cute!
What a fun post- Koby had the SAME love- he couldn't WAIT to stay all day so he could have lunch there, too! Lol. So funny what's important to a 1st grader.... :)
I'm glad that she loves school and hope she always does. What cute pictures!
Post a Comment