Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our October

This week we had to break out the coats, gloves and boots for the first time this fall. The kids were excited to go out and play in and eat the snow. While I was excited nothing stuck enough to the driveway to have to shovel.


A house a few minutes away from us is famous for their front yard "haunted museum" they do every year. Thousands of people drop by throughout the month to visit their display, so we thought we'd take the kids. This couple puts out and takes down their display every day, never leaving it up overnight.

The kids were so excited to go to the "haunted house", but once we were there they were a little worried. This is definitely a scary display. My pictures won't do it justice. But once the kids warmed up to the monsters, they actually loved it.
Cole still talks about these witches in the background. They moved and talked. The lady who owns the house is in this picture, too. Her husband built a lot of the displays.
Creepy Alien! Yikes.


In my last "bountiful basket" I received 3 persimmons. I had no idea what they were. Luckily someone filled me in. I've never seen or tasted these before. Quite pleasant. they look like orange tomatoes. But they are sweet and yummy. We tried one for fun, and pureed the other two to make cookies with them. I love the Bountiful Baskets because we sometimes get to experiment with produce I might never otherwise buy. In that basket we also got "mexican zucchini."

More of our october to come...

2 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I'm glad we have not had enough snow to stick to the roads too. But it was fun to watch it fall on tuesday. I have been wearing my winter coat for a couple weeks now, but I am a wuss when it comes to the cold.

Anonymous said...

As always, you are so lucky to live in such a fun, family-oriented city! Love the pics! Especially those cut-outs- how adorable!