Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October, cont'd

We had a lot of fun this last month. One Friday evening, Wendell was working, so I took the kids over to the American West Heritage Center to do the corn maze and other activities. There was a kid hay climbing pile, a small kid's maze, plus the corn maze, train rides, pony rides ,and the big slide.
This is the "super slide" down a big hill. It was actually very slow. We had to push ourselves most of the way down. However, when I went with the Youth earlier in the month, it was very slippery and we about smacked right into the bails of hay at the bottom. But I guess things get worn out with time. The kids still loved it.

By the corn maze.
In the corn maze. We followed the map and got out of there pretty quickly. The kids had a blast.

The last monday of the month, we were in charge of our big Pace family FHE. So we planned a freezing cold picnic followed by a trip over to the Pumpkin Walk. Here are a few of the displays at the Pumpkin Walk. I loved this vegetable garden. The theme was something to do with advertising. Because each display was some kind of "ad". And everything is made with pumpkins.


They have several cut-outs each year. For picture taking.


Sydney and cousin, Josie.
Our typical big family group shot after our freezing cold picnic was over. The Pace family makes it a tradition to do a picnic or cookout even in cold temperatures. And this night was no exception. I made a couple of soups and everyone else made the other stuff. It was fun to freeze our tails off at the park.

For our last Young Women's activity of the month, our Laurels/Mia Maids group planned a Halloween Mystery Dinner party. Everyone brought some food. And I had made up a menu with various random halloween sounding names. So that when they ordered, they didn't know what they were getting. We had 3 courses, and your utensils had to be ordered, too. And we all dressed up. Me and one of the girls were the servers. I thought it was a very creative and fun activity. We combine the two older classes for our class activities because we have so few girls.

I'm supposed to be a witch - but my hat wouldn't stay on as I ran up and down the stairs preparing everyone's plates.
Our actual Halloween pictures will follow shortly!

1 comments:

Elese said...

great pictures of our family home evening, you got some that I wanted and I didn't take my camera so I will need to get some from you. thanks for the night. Your blog looks great. elese