It's time to catch up on some of the awesome things we've been up to the past few months. I spent most of the summer super tired and lacking energy, so my blog just had to fall to the bottom of the list. Then I found out I've been anemic, which explains a lot. Iron pills and fortified cereals are helping a lot with that so I'm ready to tackle this monster. I have TONS of pictures to share. I hope I can find them all!
So travel back in time with me if you will.....to spring time.
Soccer time.
Sydney does not enjoy soccer and had no desire to sign up this year. Fine by me.
But Ethan was now old enough, and seemed eager to try it. So we signed him up.
He HATED it.....
We tried coaxing and positive reinforcement and finally resorted to bribery. His last game was his best because I told him I'd buy him an Indiana Jones hat if he scored a goal. Cute little guy came SO CLOSE to scoring, that I ended up getting him the hat.
We tried coaxing and positive reinforcement and finally resorted to bribery. His last game was his best because I told him I'd buy him an Indiana Jones hat if he scored a goal. Cute little guy came SO CLOSE to scoring, that I ended up getting him the hat.
But we didn't sign him up for Fall soccer.
Next we have the lemonade stand. Made a few bucks and then blew
it all on slurpees and candy from Maverick.
Sydney tried her hand at tennis this summer and LOVED it. They had a free one hour clinic at the Sports Academy, and we also signed her up for lessons for a few weeks at the park across the street from our house.
For a couple of parents who never played sports, we sure have signed our kids up for a lot of stuff.
Too bad we can't give them any pointers.
So next we have t-ball and softball.


Sydney and Ethan both LOVED their t-ball and softball.
And they were both pretty good, too! Don't know where they get their skills from, tho.
And of course, we did swimming lessons.
That takes us through June, I think. Unless I find more pictures. For now it's time for bed.
More next time...
Next we have the lemonade stand. Made a few bucks and then blew
it all on slurpees and candy from Maverick.
Ethan wanted to sell something, too. Unfortunately nobody was interested in
tortilla chips and chocolate milk powder. He sure was cute, though.
Sydney tried her hand at tennis this summer and LOVED it. They had a free one hour clinic at the Sports Academy, and we also signed her up for lessons for a few weeks at the park across the street from our house.
For a couple of parents who never played sports, we sure have signed our kids up for a lot of stuff.
Too bad we can't give them any pointers.
So next we have t-ball and softball.


Sydney and Ethan both LOVED their t-ball and softball.
And they were both pretty good, too! Don't know where they get their skills from, tho.
And of course, we did swimming lessons.
That takes us through June, I think. Unless I find more pictures. For now it's time for bed.
More next time...












4 comments:
Sorry about being anemic. Glad the iron is helping. I love how involved your kids are. I'm sure it gives them lots of good experiences for their lives. I have to say that above it all though, your kids have the best smiles I've ever seen.
So good to see the pictures of the kids! They look like they have been having alot of fun! It's cool how you let them try out for what they are interested in....
We love you and can't wait for you to come down in October!!
DaKine!
LOVE the pics! The kids are getting so big! I love all the different sports Logan has to offer! It's pretty limited here to baseball, wrestling, and soccer. They're even closing down the ONLY pool in Garfield County!! So, no more swimming lessons. If the kids want to learn, we'll have to teach them ourselves. :p I love Ethan's lemonade stand. That's SO my kids!! Wish we lived closer! ROFL with Sydney and Ethan hating soccer! I really want to put Ryan into Soccer, but missed the deadline this season. Oh, well. Lol. GREAT pics! Love the updates! How are you feeling? 32+ weeks??? You're getting SO close!!!! :)
what wonderful pictures! You guys look like you have a lot of fun! We love you!
Da kine
Post a Comment