This year, instead of taking a "family vacation", we decided to get season passports to Lagoon. We have had so much fun! We've gone several times, and hope to fit in another trip or two, especially for Frightmares. (excuse our cheap-o camera pictures. We only took a camera once and didn't want to lug a big one around)
SCARY: we lost the two boys while we were here the first time. They wandered off after finishing a kid ride and we didn't notice them leave. So after panicking and running around for several minutes trying to locate them, I prayed silently for help. Immediately I remembered the "lost children" office in the front of the park. So I went there, and found Cole there! He was so scared. But Ethan wasn't there, so I continued to panic. I asked Cole where he went and he said that Ethan went to the "steering wheel", which is what he called the ferris wheel. So we headed in that direction and found him. He had just been located by security and was reaching into his pocket to grab the paper I had given him with our names and cell phone numbers on it as we ran up. I was so emotional. That is the scariest thing! Luckily we haven't had a problem since.
Other than that it was a really fun day.
Ethan was the biggest chicken the first time we went (and was even scared of half the kiddie rides!), and each time going after that he progressively got braver and now he'll go on just about anything he is tall enough for. Cole was ready for adventure from the get-go. And Sydney has done some "adult" rides that even I won't do. :O) Of course, my rides were limited to little kid rides and the train. Being pregnant is not the best time to get yourself a Lagoon passport.
Sydney had a lot of fun bringing her BFF, Rilee. They are two peas in a pod.
-----SYDNEY'S BAPTISM-----
July 3, 2010
So can you believe I have an 8-year-old?
Sydney got a new church dress, she picked out a beautiful all-white one, from Grandma Mitchell. And then was able to borrow a dress to be baptized in from her cousins (thanks Lisa!).
Drama mama. So we were heading down the hall to the baptism room and Sydney wanted to be the first one to get in there, I guess. But we didn't know that and made her stop for a quick picture. As you can tell, she was less than thrilled with us.
But it was nice, I thought, because then everyone was sitting down by the time we got into the room, so she could make her entrance. lol.
Here's everyone who came to support her.
And here are the men who were in the confirmation circle, re-enacting trying to shake her hand. When she was done being confirmed, she went straight to her seat and declined shaking hands with anyone. I guess she thought that was kind of a dumb thing to do.
I can't believe she is getting so old so quick. We've already had a moment or two where we've had to discuss the importance of repentance now that she's been baptized and received the Holy Ghost. She's a good girl, though, and really likes to do what is right. She's an awesome example to her siblings.
Whew. I'm making progress with our summer stuff.
Now it's time to hunt for more pictures....












3 comments:
I LOVE reading your updates. :) Wow about the boys getting lost. I can empathize. SO scary as a parent, thinking you'll never see them again. I'm so glad you were prompted to look in the places you did. And what a GREAT idea with the paper with your names and phone numbers!! I'll have to remember that one when we go to Disneyland. And what a great idea to get a season pass in lieu of a huge vacation! I'll have to remember that one, as well, because it would be much easier to drive up for the weekend instead of a huge to-do. Love the pics!
We lost Lena once. That is the worst feelng in the world. I'm so glad that you found them both alright.
Glad you are blogging again! I love knowing what is going on with your family. I have to tell you that loosing my kids is the scariest thought for me. I am so glad you found them and even thinking about how you must have felt is making me tear up. Whoa.
Second - love the baptism picture. Tell Sidney congrats and good job from her mom's friends that she gets dragged to see a couple times a year.
Post a Comment