Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Pictures


I thought I'd put up a few pictures where Lily is not covered in cheesy goo. :)
And for those who haven't caught the name, we decided on Lily Nora. Lily I just love, and it was the family favorite, and Nora is a family name - my great aunt. 




I won't bore you with a LONG and uninteresting birth story. Suffice it to say it took all day long (labor pains starting at 2 am Friday morning), and about 10 hours from the time I got to the hospital (we got there about 3:30 pm). I have a stubborn body and quick easy labors are just not my thing. But in the end she was born and born healthy. I was just happy I didn't end up having her on Halloween, which is the one day my CNM was going to be out of town. 

She is an awesome nurser and has taken to the binky from the beginning. 
She has found her lungs, but rarely cries. She's still a fairly mellow girl. 

The kids LOVE her to say the least. All day long they ask to hold her and just can't get over how adorable she is. I think Sydney is hands-down the most obsessed with her little sister. 

That's it for now. I'll be sure to post more as they come.
 As you can imagine, we never tire of photographing her. 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! She's so sweet! A good size for being a couple of weeks early too! And look at all that hair! :)

JennyLynn said...

She is beautiful... just like her momma! Congratulations!

Jamie Jo said...

She is so precious! Let me know when I can come over and slurp her up.

Da Kine said...

She is so cute!!!! Can't wait to hold her tomorrow! :o)
Da Kine

Russ and Em said...

Wow! What a doll! I love how much hair she has.

Lisa said...

Heather, Lily is SO beautiful!!! What a princess! Thanks for posting more pics- I wish so badly I could be there to hold her and get my baby fix. Lol. She's got a lot of hair, too... like you did. I bet you're having so much fun with her! Give her an extra love from her Auntie Lisa!

Lisa said...

I can't stop looking at the pictures... she's so TINY!!! Makes me ache to reach out and hold her snuggly tiny body!! *sniff* Again- she's such a beautiful little sweetheart. :)

Ashlee said...

I just have to ask, you know, with both of us being huge Harry Potter fans...did Lily come from there? Without her there wouldn't be a Harry Potter after all, she's very essential to the story. Just wondering. And I know everyone is saying this exact thing but only because it's true...she is just SO beautiful!! Hurts my baby hungry heart just to look at her..... but PLEASE feel free to post more pictures! I can't get enough!

Ashlee said...

Ok. These pictures are absolutely precious, and I'm sure you guys have a lot on your plate with 4 kids now and a recorder that their mean Aunt and Uncle gave to the other 3 to play with... ;0) but POST MORE PICS!!!!! I don't get to see you guys for another month and a half so POST MORE PICS!!!! I need my baby fix!

Cindy G said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations!!

katie said...

Congrats she is adorable and I love the name! Glad all went well and your both happy and healthy:)