We've all heard the famous Christmas song "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus." Right? Well, when I was younger this song bothered me a bit. I couldn't understand why it would be considered funny that someone's mother was kissing another man -whether he was Santa or not.
So I totally understood Ethan today when we were listening to that very song, and he questioned me:
Ethan: "Why is her mommy kissing Santa?"
Me: "I don't know, kinda weird isn't it?"
Ethan: (with a pause and confused look) "Yeah...."
Me: "So do you think I should kiss Santa Claus, too?"
Ethan: "No. I don't think you should do that. I wouldn't like it."
*************************************
Lately Cole has been saying we need to do what Jesus wants us to do. I totally agree. But what I don't agree with Cole on are the things he thinks Jesus wants us to do. Yesterday Jesus wanted me to let Ethan play more Wii. Today Jesus wanted me to let the boys get down from dinner without eating anything.
*************************************
On Sunday Sydney was assigned a talk. She had forgotten about it until right (and I mean, like the MINUTE we were leaving) before church. So we grabbed The Friend and she was looking through it for a story on service to share. She found one called "toys for timmy" (I think). So she asked if she should say that this story is a good example of service. I said that would be great.
So when her time came to give the talk, Wendell and I sat there waiting with anticipation to hear the talk our little girl had come up with all on her own!
She approached the stand, pulled out a piece of paper she had written on and said "I think the story 'toys for timmy' is a great example of serving others. I know that when we serve others we are serving God."
And that was it. She sat down.
Where was the story she had found? It was sitting on her seat in her church bag. Apparently she assumed that everyone there would know exactly what story she was talking about and there was no need to read it.
We tried really hard not to let her see us laughing. It was so funny to see the confused expressions on the faces of the teachers, while the kids didn't seem to notice a thing.

6 comments:
Your kids are so funny!
When is the blessing? This week?
That is so precious that Sydney would think everyone would know the story since we are all supposed to be reading the church magazines! hehe..She is so cute! Love, DaKine
I can see where Ethan would have a problem with his mommy kissing another man even if it was Santa! He sure loves his mom! so cute!
Cole is hilarious! Jesus wants Grandpa to drink more soda pop and eat more chips too! hehe
Love,
DaKine
I remember being a little confused myself when that happened with Sydney. Too funny!
I also hated the song, "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus."
My kids also have different ideas than I do about what Jesus does and does not want them to do.
Finally, Sydney is hilarious.
ROFL!! What a cute post. Your kids are crack-ups. I love writing down things my kids have said or done, and I'm glad you do it, too! You've inspired me to keep it up, because I've been lacking lately, and the kids come up with the darndest things- so funny! Can't wait to see you guys!! :)
Post a Comment