Today we found the local library just a few minutes away. I was able to sign up for a library card and check out a couple of books. When my card arrives in the mail I will be able to check out 30, and my kids can each have their own, too. They are excited about being able to get new books. Kinda hard to make them read 20 minutes a day if they don't have books, so this worked out great!
After dinner we went over to my sister's apartment where there is a tiny little "lake" with a walking trail around it. We took the kids for a walk to wear them out. It was so beautiful.
We saw rabbits, turtles and lots of cool birds. Most of all we saw a kazillion mosquitos making a meal out of us. sick. By the time we got home my kids were wiped out, so I think an after dinner walk might have to become our routine.

0 comments:
Post a Comment