Okay. So I bought fleece to make scarves a couple months ago. I was going to give them to my kids for Christmas. (ha ha). Well....without going into much detail, let me just say it never happened. So the fleece sat on the shelf in my closet of "good intentions" (aka: unfinished projects).
Well, my friends, today is the day. As simple as this project is, I should be able to pump out about 10 of these in one day. Right? That is, of course, if I didn't have children or a husband......
I wanted to copy a scarf my mother-in-law made for my daughter last year, and I found a website with specific instructions (don't you just love the internet?).
Here is my attempt.
step 1: cut fleece into 4 4-inch strips. (about 48 inches long for a child's scarf- mine was slightly longer)

step 2: stack the strips, secure with pins and sew a straight line all the way down the middle. Fleece moves and stretches, so don't rush through it.
step 3: cut fringe on both sides of sewn line. Leave some space in the middle because the fleece will stretch and tear with time. I did fat fringe, but it would look cute with skinnier fringe, too.
My daughter loves the flowery cutesy fabrics, but if I were to do another one, I would do solid colors with each strip in a different, coordinating color.





2 comments:
These are darling! I think it's a perfect kid-friendly project, too.. Personal Progress for Jordyn...:) Very cute. I think some blue and white together would be so cute for her school colors- nice one- now you have me thinking of all the possibilities!
PS- Sydney is growing up!
That is awesome cute! I have some extra fleece in my closet too, I think I might try one of these.
Post a Comment